PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I am leaving early Saturday morning for a three week vacation in Europe & Turkey. I will be on a cruise ship for two of those weeks so I don't expect that I will be checking in here very often, if at all. A few points while I am gone:
1. As I will not be around, it behooves all of you not to let Cigrmaster monopolize the conversation with his meandering missives. Moreover, it is incumbent upon each of you to insult him without mercy at least a few times a day; otherwise, his ego will get the best of him and he will be impossible to deal with. He is a megalomaniac and must be reigned in at every turn. Fail to do this at your own peril.
2. If any shipments of Stonehaven or Penzance come in during my absence, you must leave at least two bags of each so that I may purchase them upon my return. Just remember - you are being watched. If I learn upon my return that the members of this forum had a Penzance or Stonehaven orgy, then I will be petitioning the Sinister Six to punish the miscreants who were responsible.
3. There must be no gratuitous displays on the forum of any pipe purchases made while I am away. You must save them up until my return so that I will have a chance to see the thread and ogle them with the appropriate measure of jealousy.
That is all.
Yours faithfully,
Peck

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Peck, you can rest assured that the Ghost Security Company will protect that sweet, sweet cellar of yours... :puffpipe:

Dec 24, 2012
I just bought some large shipping trunks - the cellar is going on vacation with me. Unfortunately, this may mean that I have to leave Mrs. Peck and the two Pecklets behind.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, have a great trip and of course be safe. Make sure when you visit the Turkish bath houses you use protection, we wouldn't want you coming home with any STD's now.
Now in regards to my being insulted, be prepared upon your return to read dozens of threads where I get everyone on this site to tell their true feelings about how you are reviled and basically how you are the site pariah. Your ears will be burning everyday as you know people will be extolling their hatred for you and the fact that finally people will be able to buy some tobacco while you are gone. It is a damn good thing you are bringing your stash because you know we would have cleaned you out while you were gone.
I have told all the major suppliers of tobacco that you are no longer buying tobacco and if they have any plans to save you any, don't bother as I have 50 people lined up to buy all they get. When you get home, you will be lucky to be able to buy a pouch of Captain Black.

Ha ha, I am as jealous of your vacation meanderings as I am of your pipes and tobacco. If I had of known that money could actually buy love as in great pipes and great tobaccos, I might have set my morals and deluded dreams aside and actually pursued a degree that I could actually use, ha ha!

Have a great time, and if you return to find Harris has bullied his way into forum despot... well... it will be fun to see you lead the revolution to topple him. :puffy:

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
It's a foil, he is leaving it at home OR he may be actually storing his cellar in a real underground cellar. He just says he is taking it with him (obviously not a real scenario as @sablebrush pointed out) so that nobody goes looking for it.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Peck,
It is unfortunate that you spent all your money on pipes and tobaccos or you might have been able to afford a cruise on a ship with WiFi. I did a little research, and it looks like you are in for a trip of a lifetime...
27yo74y.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Zack, it is a Disney cruise, so you are probably not far off the mark. The only thing that will keep me going is booze. What can I say, the kids will love it, but I am sure I will enjoy the week in France before the cruise much more than the cruise.
The cruise itinerary:
1 Barcelona, Spain

2 Villefranche (Monte Carlo, Cannes, Nice), France

3 La Spezia (Florence, Pisa), Italy

4 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

5 At Sea

6 At Sea

7 Piraeus (Athens), Greece

8 Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey

9 Mykonos, Greece

10 At Sea

11 Valletta, Malta

12 At Sea

13 Barcelona, Spain

Dec 24, 2012
By the way, if you have young kids, the one great thing about a Disney cruise (this is our third) is that the Kid's club (which has a pixar and marvel comics theme) is second to none. The kids want to spend the entire day there. I mean, we literally could not get ours to leave. Which is a pretty good thing if you and the wife want to do some drilling back in the suite, if you catch my drift.
I didn't think I would like the first cruise, but I loved it. At dinner, while you are eating your appetizer, the kids have their meal, and then the camp counsellors come in about 45 minutes in and take the kids away to the kids club, so you and the wife can enjoy the remainder of your dinner in peace and tranquility.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Nothing better than having your kids taken away by strangers ... and knowing their safe and will return later after you've had some space.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you want a good souvenir from Turkey, I recommend a fez, not one of those

Shriner cone-like affairs in burgundy red, but a short cylindrical hat embroidered

with patterns, nice for smoking on chilly autumn nights. Don't let the children

mutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.