PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
The weatherman says it's going to rain today.
Before the storm, it was a good day for a good smoke. And so I brought my folding recliner out under the branches of my backyard pin oak, and enjoyed one of my favorite tobaccos.
This is my second smoke with this estate System Standard P-lip. It's nicely broken in, and after a good cleaning, it has no lingering aroma other than the tobaccos I've smoked. Though I've smoked a number of bowls of Orlik Golden Sliced in other pipes, this is the first where I've experienced such a wide range of flavors from top to bottom. If I'm not mistaken, OGS is a Virginia blend with no other tobaccos. And if so, it's amazing the range of flavors that one type of tobacco can achieve.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Makes three of us. Had a bowll in my cob this am while cutting the grass. OGS is one of my favs too. I just stuff it and go.

woopigsooie

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
I just tried my first slice of Orlik which was also my first flake. I really enjoyed it, as a matter of fact, I think it is my favorite of the limited number of pipe tobaccos I've tried. I did the fold and stuff which resulted in a tighter draw than I usually have. I turned out very nice, maybe I've been packing too loose.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
OGS is the best promotion for Virginia tobaccos. So subtle and interesting. It really

sneaks up on you and opens out in pleasing ways.

andya27

Jun 15, 2014
I just tried my first slice of Orlik which was also my first flake. I really enjoyed it, as a matter of fact, I think it is my favorite of the limited number of pipe tobaccos I've tried. I did the fold and stuff which resulted in a tighter draw than I usually have. I turned out very nice, maybe I've been packing too loose.
Up until this bowl of OGS I had used a fold method. I decided to try rubbing it out this time. I can't say I noticed a difference. With 100g of the tobacco, I can do a number of smokes comparing the fold method to rubbing.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
OGS really doesn't contain any Perique but it's a great Virginia slice and it's right up there with Dunhill Flake IMO.

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
I'm fairly sensitive to Perique, and can detect it in OGS. There's not a lot in there, but it's there. That being said, I don't think of it as a true VaPer like Escudo et al. but more like a good VA flake with just a dash of Perique for a little added spice.

woopigsooie

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
Can some tell me what the licorice tin note is? The tin smells like alfalfa hay laced with licorice.

Status
Not open for further replies.