PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmikevt

Lurker
Nov 6, 2017
Been too cold to smoke outside in Md for the last 3 weeks, I don’t smoke indoors or regularly. We had Temps of 4* at night. It’s finally 52* tonight and I encouraged my wife to go to bed early and I’m sitting on my rocking chair on the front porch enjoying a bowl of Mississippi Mud.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017

A heat lamp and a $18 snuggy from Amazon.com is the one-two-punch for winter outdoor smoking.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome, rmikevt.
That's a big part of the reason I left Baltimore and have been in Texas for the past 20 years.
That said, we'll be dipping down into the mid 30's for the next 3 nights.
Most of my smoking is from 3-10pm, so I can make do.
Congrats on a warm evening, for a change.
jay-roger.jpg

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I live in Pa and it has also been very cold here. I also do not smoke in the house , but that gives me the opportunity :clap: to listen to music in my warm truck

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hey, just saw this, I live in Hagerstown. I have an insulated garage/workshop with a space heater and it's been so cold this winter, I've even deferred to not smoking for many of those days. It's 17 degrees this morning, the garage is around 45 degrees, maybe later this evening...Welcome to the forum!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Earlier this week, when I walked out of work, it was SO MUCH warmer than when I walked in, I decided I needed some garage time. Two sweatshirts, heavy jacket and a torpedo heater, made it pleasant in my shop. After I finished my pipe, I continued working on a pipe stand I was working on. All the work requiring power tools is now completed.
It was 17 degrees outside.
Starting today, we are expected to get possibly 6-10 inches of snow. Everyone at work was encouraged to take vacation. I will be hand sanding today.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
15 below here, but Yahoo says it "feels like" -29 F.

I say it "feels like" I should retire somewhere warmer. Like Pennsylvania or Maryland.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
When it gets that cold here, I usually just walk back into the house and the laz-e-boy and fire up.
:puffy:

Jul 12, 2011
Dang gents, I thought here in the Northeast it was cold - today we are having a heatwave - 30F with wind chills between 20F-25F, I only smoke outside on the patio - I'm looking at installing something from Infratech ( Infratech - WD6 - Dual Element 6,000 Watt ). I just need to get an electrician out here to wire up a dual-switch for me. I'm tired of freezing out there - had those propane-style heaters out there but when the wind kicks up they are not very effective

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It's a balmy 75 degrees with 76% humidity. A little too muggy to be smoking outside right now. Later tonight with a temp of 65 and a warm tropical breeze, it will be lovely. I am so glad I moved to FL in 2003.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
-34C on the gauge this morning. I smoke in my enclosed area in the garage with an electric blanket and 2 space heaters! It's either that or wait until spring.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hey folks, I wasn't trying to play the 'topper' game. I just happened to read this thread yesterday and decided to respond because it was so cold. It will probably pan out to be the coldest day of the year. Today it's only -6C.

A gorgeous central Alberta day.

Status
Not open for further replies.