Been Sick, Missed youse guyz.

(43 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by cigrmaster
  • Latest reply from yazamitaz
  1. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Spent way too much time in the hospital this last month plus. I am finally feeling good and I am ready to be back and bust some balls. I am also excited about a trip to Italy I am taking with my oldest daughter Gabrielle. We are starting in Rome, then headed to Florence and then on to Milan.

Gabrielle has her modeling portfolio ready to go and hopefully she gets a modeling gig in Italy. She has the height 6' and body style 120 pounds to do runway work. She also has a look that photos nicely and she is very excited about the opportunity in front of her.

This is a graduation present as she just graduated from the University of South Florida with a degree in Criminology and Psychology and has graduate school lined up as a back up plan. Please wish her luck.

Do you guys think I should try the modeling gig, I can walk down a runway and shake my ass. Just think how many people would pay for the privilege of seeing my fat ass stumbling and bumbling down a runway.

Harris
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

b Talked to my Smoking Buddy, he advised me not to pay for your Runway show but wait for the Daughters. He's new on Porch don't know if I can trust him, glad to hear from you, he says he's sorry for your old Ass when Peck gets ahold of it. Damn he's such a Camera Hog!

The Old Cajun
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad to hear you're feeling better and back in the saddle. Peck has been running amok in your absence. The trip to Italy sounds grand. Enjoy la dolce vita.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. philobeddoe

Philo Beddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Harris, welcome back, I'm sorry to hear you were so ill, but I'm glad you are feeling better. We have definitely missed you around here! Congratulations on your daughters college graduation and I wish her the best on her new foray into modeling, hopefully we'll see her on the cover of Vogue soon. Hopefully you and Peck can get back to bustin each other's balls and everything will go back to normal!

Welcome back,
    Philobeddoe

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Harris, you've got to stop smoking and eating all the so called goodies that Peck sends you. They might be tainted.

But it's good to have you back to put the forums on the right track again.

Congrats to your daughter, I remember her from the Pipe Babe photos, and with her unique looks and beauty I would think she would do great at modeling. You however should stick to modeling pipes and cigars...

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

mothernature

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome back! I wish your daughter good luck with her modeling pursuit. It sounds like she's tall and skinny which usually does well in the modeling industry. That USF Bulls football team beat my beloved WVU Mountaineers a couple times during the White/Slaton years, which made me have feelings of anger. Nevertheless, I hope the two of you have fun in Italy and that your daughter gets a gig.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. jefff

jefff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Peck has been absolutely distraught.

I enjoyed that.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

elpfeife

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad you're feeling better. Perhaps we can complete that swap contemplated before your enforced absence. Just to refresh your memory (and I know it isn't good anymore), you were to send me a Rad of your choice in return for several latakia blends and a few tins of red Virginias.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. pipestud

pipestud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad to have you back, cigarmaster! I know you are very proud of your daughter and what a nice gift for her graduation! Will you consider bein' my daddy? It's been awhile since I graduated but I never got a present.

Pipestud
    Posted 2 years ago #
  10. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the welcome back guys, it is really appreciated.

Bradley, did the sculptor just look at you for half an hour and come up with the porch dude, it really looks like you.

Thanks for the positive vibes for Gabrielle she is really excited for this. Soon I will be able to bring my youngest daughter to Italy as she just turned 14 and is already 5'8 with a size 10 shoe. I think of my 4 kids she may end up the tallest. My oldest boy is 6'2' and that height may not hold.

Steve, I will be your daddy especially with all that tobacco you have.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. danielplainview

dave g

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome back. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Make aromatics great again.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. gloucesterman

gloucesterman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

We missed you. Glad things are better. Welcome back, Peck has been beside himself.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Harris: Sure glad you are back, out of the hospital and on your way to Italy. Congratulations to your daughter and I hope she shows them how a real beautiful American gets it done on the fashion runway.

And, uh, don't pay any attention to Peck. He's a pussy!

The past is never dead. It's not even past--Requiem for a Nun
    Posted 2 years ago #
  14. georged

georged

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"Become a famous model" sounds like "I'm going off to become a famous singer!" or something, right?

Well, not so fast. Consider this: The girl in the following link was my neighbor when I lived in Bowman, ND a few years ago. Bowman has about 1300 people, and it's almost 100 miles in any direction to reach a larger town.

Her parents owned Bowman's hardware store, and we were friends. I used to go with them to the high school to watch Aarika run in track meets & etc.

Everyone knew she was something special, of course---it was obvious even at 14 years old---but nobody had a clue how such people were "discovered."

It turned out that the out-of-town photographer contracted to do the high school yearbook knew, and a phone call was all it took.

(She's a lovely young lady, btw. The farthest thing from brash and/or snobby you'll ever find.)

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1858&bih=963&q=aarika+wolf&oq=aarika+wolf&gs_l=img.3..0l4.13302.19815.0.20352.11.8.0.3.3.0.56.391.8.8.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.11.393.ewZouF4hsx0

Dogs live such short lives... and spend most it waiting for us to come home
    Posted 2 years ago #
  15. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome back Harris!! I'll be heading into the hospital on the 20th glad you're better!

Nate @ Moody AL
    Posted 2 years ago #
  16. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

About damn time. The sarcasm around here has been lacking!

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 2 years ago #
  17. pipestud

pipestud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Steve, I will be your daddy especially with all that tobacco you have. - cigarmaster

Uh, well, maybe I don't really need a daddy.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. ltstone

ltstone

Login to Send PM

I don't get it, the last couple of weeks you same guys were calling cigarmaster a pompous dick.

an ego without the power to notice itself
    Posted 2 years ago #
  19. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome back Harris. I was just wondering what you were up to. Hope you get to see some of the pipe country. In Italy too.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 2 years ago #
  20. yohanan

yohanan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks...
    Posted 2 years ago #
  21. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Whao, Harris, sure you're ready for the road? Make plans for down time if you need it. Sorry you've been off your feed. Yes, I think you should definitely definitely open modeling to fuller-bodied older guys, pot bellied skinny guys like me, and others who should be liberated to show that everyone is beautiful in their own way. Your daughter sounds like a knock-out. Tell her she won't have to participate in our geezer liberation runway walk, so she doesn't get put off her career.

Posted 2 years ago #
  22. rigmedic1

rigmedic1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good to see you back! Good luck to your daughter too.

Posted 2 years ago #
  23. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks again for the warm welcome back guys.

I don't get it, the last couple of weeks you same guys were calling cigarmaster a pompous dick

Yeah I am a pompous dick, you gotta problem wid dat.

mso, I am all set for the trip as my doctor wrote me a couple of scripts for pain meds. I have been off them a full year so they will work real good.

tenn, my daughter has major attitude when she needs it, hopefully the Italians will want some of that.

Posted 2 years ago #
  24. ltstone

ltstone

Login to Send PM

Nah, I was just kidding about the pompous dick thing. I was hoping to get some good sarcastic remarks but the crew here were just too happy to have you back

Posted 2 years ago #
  25. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad you're feeling better.

"My own experience has been that the tools I need for my trade are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whiskey." -- William Faulkner

The Metal Mixtures
    Posted 2 years ago #
  26. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad you're back, Harris. My best to ya, pal!

Posted 2 years ago #
  27. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

Didn't your daughter model for the "Pipe Babes" awhile back?

Posted 2 years ago #
  28. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

It's been pretty calm around here lately, so we're glad you are better and ready to wreak some havoc. I'm trying to think of something I do want you see you shake and I can't think of a thing...have a great trip with your daughter and keep us posted.

Al

Posted 2 years ago #
  29. ericusrex

ericusrex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

We missed you, too.

Who are you?

Posted 2 years ago #
  30. mayfair70

mayfair70

Felis Nicotiana combustus

Login to Send PM

Glad you are alive. Keep doing that.

A degree in Psychology and Criminology should give your daughter an edge (or disadvantage) in the Italian Modeling community. Somebody had to say it. I also hope she knows Wushu, Jiu Jitsu, Tae Kwon Do, Capoeira, Karate; can wield a knife, and is an expert in small arms. I gather you have already thought of these things and know her to be perceptive and capable. Not to rain on your parade, it's just the way I am and she's not even my kid.

It has been a little boring around here, so I propose we synchronize our prescription pain pill popping for optimum elucidation of the wonders of the tobacco universe and/or donkey sex jokes.

Stay well.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made. -Groucho Marx
    Mouse-catcher on The Black Frigate
    Posted 2 years ago #
  31. jefff

jefff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am just glad you are a pompous dick.

It's a touchstone in my world.

Posted 2 years ago #
  32. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Haha... I thought you got banned or something. Ya know, I almost missed your silly lil posts.

I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital. I'm glad you're out and feeling better. Welcome back.

Posted 2 years ago #
  33. jmill208

jmill208

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome back. Your dreams were your ticket out...

Posted 2 years ago #
  34. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ciao, Harris, ciao baby! It is bellissimo to see you back, though not your backside.

Keep on truckin', bon voyage, and best of luck to your daughter and you. Arriverdverci and all that.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  35. ophiuchus

ophiuchus

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bad drama out, good drama in ...

Very glad to see you back.

Posted 2 years ago #
  36. lohengrin

lohengrin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mayfair70: I hope I misanderstood the meaning of your words about the Italian Modelling community. On the other hand maybe you have direct experience and know more than me about that.
    What matters is that Harris is back and above all in health.
    If you need some information or some help when you'll be here in Florence you can contact me, I'll be glad to be useful to you.

Posted 2 years ago #
  37. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Back in my college days I pondered doing some modeling. With the proliferation of magazines in the early 90's, I felt there was a strong market for "before" models, the train wrecks posing to give readers an image of "bad behavior". Alas, I misguaged the market. It's a business which belongs to the beautiful people... all the smoking, drinking, and drug abuse wasn't going to change that fact... Not from lack of trying.
    If anyone ever watches a horrible movie called "World Traveller" starring Juliann Moore and Billy Crudup, watch the credits!! You'll see "Thank You" to Nate Allen as close as I've come to modeling success

Ciao

Posted 2 years ago #
  38. mayfair70

mayfair70

Felis Nicotiana combustus

Login to Send PM

lohengrin - I meant nothing against Italians or Italy. My comment was about the predatory nature of any business where large numbers of young beautiful women are found. My roommate is a young Italian artist and I seem to get along with her just fine. I WISH I was going to Florence.

Posted 2 years ago #
  39. lohengrin

lohengrin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the clarification.

Posted 2 years ago #
  40. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks again guys, it is great to be back.

Posted 2 years ago #
  41. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hospital stays suck, stay far away, glad you're back and am envious of you for going to
    Italy, wish your daughter the best of luck, cheers.
    banjo

Posted 2 years ago #
  42. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

thanks banjo, hospitals do suck big time.

Posted 2 years ago #
  43. yazamitaz

yazamitaz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad to see you back Harris. The only pics of Gabrielle I have ever seen were the ones Kevin took when she did one of the Pipe Babe shoots. She's a very attractive young lady but didn't realize she was so tall. That should really give her a leg up if I may throw in a pun.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jguss, npod, hoosierpipeguy, ashdigger, ssjones, laa2, pappymac, gatorlope, captainsousie, jpmcwjr, fishnbanjo, transpose, dochudson, spartacus