PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Started taking a prescription med and side effects are loss of taste or changes in taste. So, pipe smoking has taken a huge hit. What was always good is now muted in flavor and my desire has diminished due to that. Very sad times indeed.

Has really gotten me down a bit as I really enjoyed my time with the pipe.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Hi Jason
Have you tried talking with the Dr and try a different medication? I have a similar issue with a nasal spray for allergies. After it's use ( once a day in the am ) I don't try a pipe for at least 30 minutes. If I do it makes my favorite blends taste terrible. The generic version is not as problematic as the "name brand" version.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sorry to hear it. I hope there is something that can be done to bring flavor back into life. I recommend bringing Lakeland tobaccos with you when you visit the doctor; he/she will do just about anything to keep you from coming back!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
The meds were requested on my part so I kinda asked for it. But the results have been positive. There are no generic versions.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I wonder if hydration or some other change that wouldn't interfere with the med might help, or if the taste buds and olfactory senses adjust over time.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
Maybe the side effects will wear off the longer your on your meds.
Good Luck!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Fellow PM member Ravkesef went through the same thing recently with his meds and tobacco. Hope your problem resolves itself soon.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Man, sorry to hear that. I can send you a tin of Nightcap if you need it. If you can't taste that stuff, you're not suffering side effects, you're a fatality!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Now is the time to try all of those blends deemed too heavy before...
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.