PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Hello all.

Some of you might remember me. I joined a few years ago and found the forum friendly and informative, although at that time there was a decidedly militaristic contingent which I found somewhat off-putting. I think the last post I logged was on a Peterson Pipes editorial, during which I expressed my anti-corporate views and was soundly chastised by Kevin.

I am pleased to discover that my account has not been deleted and I while I have not changed my cynicism with regard to corporations, I do feel embarrassed that I posted these views on a site which does not share them. As a Northern European, cynicism of this type is common and I was taken-aback by the heated response to my post, to the extent that I have not posted since. Frankly, I was ashamed to have caused such ill-feeling.

Rather than attempting to slip in under the radar, I thought it would be respectful to ask the community whether they would be happy to welcome me back into The Brotherhood of Briar.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Thank you sable. It means a lot to be back.

There are no fellow pipe-smokers near me (that I know), so this forum is a valuable point of contact.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I am pleased to discover that my account has not been deleted
If people got banned that easy there are a number of us who would have been gone a long time ago.
Besides, the real blood-lettings are typically the cob vs briar wars. We meer folk take the high road on that one.
The only true path to peace is devotion to the White Goddess.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
If you feel the need to have a bun fight , fire away , I’ll join in , I might even take your side
Or not
Have fun , cheers

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Give me a few days..... :D

I found out many years ago that I have this amazing, almost psychic ability to say exactly the wrong thing if I'm not careful. Classic example was upon meeting a good friend's new girlfriend for the first time. I tried to be flippant, intelligent, self-effacing and charming all at once by saying, "Hey there. So how do you justify your place in society?" She'd just been fired that day and had to rush to the restroom for a cry.

Psychic. In the wrong way.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I used to think I didn't like corporations. Then I realized corporations are made up of people, and it's actually people I didn't like. So from one misanthrope to another, welcome back!

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
From one chastised member to another.. welcome back. Now here is where I would most likely say the wrong thing so I'm going to be a good doobie, and vastly scale it back and leave you with: big brother is watching.

Dec 24, 2012
I don't understand how someone can "hate" corporations. Corporations are nothing more than a legal device for carrying on a business. Hating a corporation is akin to hating wrenches or hammers. In any event, whatever floats your boat and welcome (back) to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.