PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
Best beef roast ever. ( of course this is is my opinion yours may vary).

While I was at spec's ( a liquor store ) they were offering samples of Jim Beam Maple. Its awful stuff (my personal opinion, you obviously have the right to think its grand or not.) The lady was so nice and smiley I bought a bottle in spite of the objections of my taste buds. After I got this crap home I had no idea what I were to do with it. So I tried some in my coffee, that was a bad plan. I subjected my friends to it they didn't laugh as much as I did. Then it hit me. I marinated a beef roast in it. I will do that again.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
What cut? How long in the marinade? How did you cook it? Details man, details! Sounds like it would be great with pork.

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
Sirloin, overnight, then put it in a crock pot marinade and all then slow cooked it. I filled the rest of the pot with some dark beer to top up the liquid in the pot. I bet it would go good with a pork loin.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I just let it dry for 30 minutes, cube cut it, and smoked it in a meerschaum billiard. Not bad, but it could have used a touch more garlic. I just love the new blends they're coming up with. I'm waiting for Russ' latest offering: Old Time Pizzeria to hit the market. Now that's gonna be something!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I'll be offering cheese, pepperoni, sausage and white pizza versions. You have to let the mozzarella dry for a long time before it will stay lit.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.