PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
current bids on this ebay offering are only $239.50, but there is still time for you to get in.

Ain't she a beaut?

s-l1600.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Here's a pic of the carver, from the Ukraine, Konstantin Shekita

It's a thing with him that chunky look, but he's actually quite a sought after carver.

255.jpg_size211_204.jpg

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Could have been a great pipe. Hideous as it is, and a ridiculous price. You have to be blind or stupid to want that pipe!

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
$239.50 is actually a great deal for a Shekita! I have 3 of his pipes but they are far better looking than that. They are beautiful and great smokers

Jun 27, 2016
:puffpipe:

Tail-number NR2101 in that pic is actually a replica. Seems like the original NR2101 crashed and got frankensteined at the factory with another wreck into a third one, which also crashed. Wiki mentions that the fuselage would act as a lifting body when they were cranked over in a turn, where you would not really expect much if any lift. That was probably an unintentional result of the design, was probably unpredictable, and would probably "lift" you one way or the other, while you were standing it on its wing. So you have one standing on its wing in a high-speed turn around a pylon, and the plane wants to yaw you either straight into the ground, or the other way up into the air while you are making your turn, which if you don't react would end up being a loop straight into the ground.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I imagine that the Gee Bee was a beast to fly. I hear that hipsters are building them now in order to be "unique" at the airfield.

Jun 27, 2016
Hipsters. Are they the people who ride around with no brakes on their bikes?
Someone made a comment on the internet that the ailerons on the Gee Bee would not only become ineffective, but would cause the plane to roll opposite of the control-input, if the plane was going slowly enough.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I was always under the impression that hipsters were those low riding, hip hugging panties that young women wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.