PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I am home today given the torrential rain and inability to get equipment to the jobsite without destroying a new driveway. I was sitting here working on some quotes and general business paperwork when PBS aired a show called Celtic Women. This may not be new to some but it was to me. All I can say is WOW. These women are beautiful, have incredible voices and are so talented. I'm not talking this new pop music talent show crap talented. These women defy any singing I have heard to date. They harmonize like nothing I have ever heard. So I sit here pipe in hand, hot coffee steaming and abandon paperwork watching and listening to this spectacular show. I had to share with you guys because my wife is not going to want to hear me rave about them. I have attached a link so you can hear what I have been hearing. Take a minute, you'll thank me if you have never heard them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDgT0a6hepg

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Mike, you are so right. Of course that's why I dare not discuss my likes of this music with my wife. She can see right through me. Don't get me wrong I got lucky the day God dolled out wives but my wife as beautiful as she is can't sing like this.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Not sure I agree about these girls. Would their singing be really special if we backed out the over the top production values and visual impact? Don't think so.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
@kcghost youtube Cloe Agnew and you will see she sounds just as fantastic on her own without the production. Not to mention there is no way they would make it onto a production like that unless they were all top of there game. If you aware of someone that sounds as good or better I would love to hear her sing I am always looking for new music to enjoy.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Not my cup of tea but PBS has some gems now and then. I'm in a NY hotel this evening, enjoying a two hour special on Jimi Hendrix.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
kcghost, the answer to your question is yes. Lisa Kelly has opened a voice school near where I live in Peachtree City, Ga. My wife has taken lessons from her and her voice is amazing. Any thing she sings, just sitting there, in the little studio sounds angelic. These women are truly talented. Perfect pitch every time.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Shaintiques, didn't realize I lived so close to another member.
So I take it Lisa Kelly is one of the ones in the video? I really love that style of music, shows more talent than just jumping around half naked and grinding everything in sight. Granted I know beauty sells these days, and not every artist does that. I was really drawn in by their voices and the music, gotta get them on my ipod now. Thanks for the share of that great piece of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.