PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
This one is not in the cards for me, but I just couldn't help but share...
(I am not affiliated with this auction in any way)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNSMOKED-Ferndown-BARK-LARGE-APPLE-English-Estate-Pipe-STERLING-SILVER-CAP-BAND-/400406093249?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3a101dc1
What a beautiful pipe! I would bid on it, but am saving my money for a consignment piece in the works.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Wow, that is a beautiful pipe!! Thanks for sharing, however I too am saving the pad money for April's special at P&C..

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I love Ferndowns. For the best deal around try pipes2smoke.com since they always feature the the most Ferndowns that I have ever seen on any website and their prices can't be beat for new pipes.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
lol. Thanks guys. The silver rim is striking to me. never seen one like that. One of them members here has a cool avatar with silver accents that I think is ultra cool.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
If I had it I would put it on a chain & wear it around my neck. Pretty fancy! Be afraid to smoke it.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
that is a nice pipe. Maybe not my style, but that doesnt mean I cant appreciate it. Certainly a work of art.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Everyone needs at least one pipe with a little bling! Good luck bidders, I was watching that one.

I predict that one will go $308 or so.

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
Too rich for mine as well, especially after picking up a Tinsky and 15 oz. of the leaf.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
So much for my prediction, $340 now with a day to go! Will she hit $400?
Al, I can't remember what that last Silver Capped Fern Poker we were watching went for when I bought my Fern Spigot Poker but it was a lot. $500+ I think. It's a great looking pipe but at 92 grams it's gonna take a stronger jaw than mine to clench that baby. I clench almost exclusively and 55 grams is about my limit for comfort (mid 40's being ideal).

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good point, 50 grams is my sweet spot for a bent pipe. My Ferndown silver-spigot is my only silver adorned pipe and weighs in at 62 grams, but has good balance so it works (but definitely at the edge of my limit). Maybe she will hit $500!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Too pretty for my smoking habits I'm afraid, lost a Peterson 999 the other day off some scaffolding. Can't imagine dropping a pipe like that. At least my Pete survived the drop albeit with a slight ding in the stem. What the heck it's a story that can go along with the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.