PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I am continuing my quest for a 1953 birth year Dunhill but I think it is going to take some time. A lot of time.

In the meantime, I purchased this Chestnut from Mike at Briar Blues.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
That is a beautiful pipe! I'm a sucker for Cumberland, and the grain is awesome. I'm not one to fall all over Dunhills just because they're Dunhills, but that is one nice pipe. Any idea of the year?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Mike at Briar Blues?! You mean Mike Glukler?!!!
Oh boy, are you in for it. He is the most frustrating person I've ever dealt with in the PipeWorld.
He's Old School honest, completely dedicated to customer satisfaction, is 100% professional, and actually knows what he's talking about.
He's also got a great sense of humor, is smart as hell, and has an endless supply of good stories.
In short, try as I might, no matter what I do, I've never been able to get sideways with him about ANYTHING.
As I said, it's really frustrating.
PS -- nice pipe :D

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I'm doomed! I feel like some kind of junkie waiting for a fix. I look at a pipe on one of his pages, screw up my courage and close the page and do algebra. But the algebra formulas turn into ghostly pictures of pipes from his site swirling around in my head. Then I think, I'll take a real quick look, that should satisfy.

Yeah right. Before I know it my MC is glowing a deep, mesmerizing blue and my fingers are typing against my will.

Arggghhhhhh

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
One of the nicest looking pipes I've seen! Great eye! WOW! I'd bet it will smoke as good or better than it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.