Beau Biden funeral mass

(7 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by fnord
  • Latest reply from settersbrace
  1. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Lord knows I'm no fan of the current administration - and that would be the Executive Branch, thank you very much.

But the send off today for Beau Biden was profoundly moving. Our President paid his respects eloquently - without a TOTUS in sight - US Army COS Ray Odierno addressed the congregants and then Chris Martin, the front man for Cold Play - who'd heard that Beau was a fan - volunteered his services and beautifully sang 'Til Kingdom Come.'

I do remember when Beau went overseas. As the son of a sitting vice-president I knew he would more than likely never hear gunfire - or ever be in imminent threat of attack. Yet, at the same time, as sitting Attorney General for the State of Delaware, he just as easily could've asked to be excused from his duties with the Delaware National Guard and nobody would've said sic'em. But, he went to the sandbox anyway.

My friends here know I'm a pretty conservative guy. But, that said, if Beau Biden went to Afghanistan to pad his resume I don't really give a shit. He went. Safe gig or not, he still went. For that alone I'll remember him at mass tomorrow and offer prayers for his family during their time of grief.

Pax.

Fnord

It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says - like dumb - I'm smart and I want respect!
    Fredo Corleone
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. seadogontheland

seadogontheland

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm with you, brother. Respects have and will be paid by this seadog. Bless the family now in their time of need, oh Lord.

Life is good...I have truly been blessed.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's always the decent ones that go first. Look at the Kennedys.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. darwin

darwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The sandbox wasn't/isn't completely safe even for a company clerk inside the wire.

Viewing with alarm since 1948.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I"m with you Jim all the way. It's mind boggling to think about losing a child. He went and served, not like Mohammad Alie who I despise, even Elvis went. I saw part of the Furneal and had to turn it off as it brought back too many bad memories for me, Rest in Peace Little Biden.

The Old Cajun
    Posted 4 years ago #
  6. kcghost

kcghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Deepest sympathy to the Family. You have to give your respects to men of courage.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. settersbrace

settersbrace

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I share Woodsroad's sentiments. I can't imagine the gut kick Joe is experiencing and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

De gustibus et cloribus non disputandum.
    'There is no arguing about tastes and colours.'
    Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   donjgiles, tozert, jvnshr, bigpond, willyspiper, mawp, tobefrank, ben88, cossackjack, pappymac