ontario

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2011
Kemptville,Ontario,Canada
DSCF7319.jpg
DSCF7316.jpg
DSCF7317.jpg
DSCF7318.jpg

8 real beat up Pete's,1 kind of cool MM cob,1 Briar says G02 Toronto and a noname.Petes are really beat so will clean them up for myself or giveaways.Missing stems are soaking.All for 12 bucks at the flea market.
Edit: Fixed pics. M

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Man I hope you have a good reamer and a buffer. Nice find though I probably woulda gave up to $50 for the lot.

pufferissimo

Might Stick Around
Jan 20, 2012
Well used pipes means that they are loved and are reliable smokers

Do post the pipes after you had done w/ them !

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
You didn't exaggerate the beat up part. I bet the previous owner of the top pic pipe found he could smoke less and less tobacco in it. :lol:

oakbear

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2011
UK
You have some work there, but for $12 that's a steal!
Just a note on Peterson's stems though, which is they have changed the dimensions recently (in the last year). Unfortunately this means new stems aren't compatible with old pipes. :cry:

Call me cynical, but i think this seems a ploy to stop easy restoring of old pipes, and try to boost sales of new ones...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That looks like one heck of a challenge, looking forward to how they turn out. Someone sure smoked the living bejesus out of that group.

ontario

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2011
Kemptville,Ontario,Canada
DSCF7321.jpg
DSCF7321.jpg

Top left pipe in picture 2,had to sand a 1/4 inch off top of the bowl so sanded the whole bowl and stained it.I don't own a buffer yet so after soaking polished stem with headlight lens cleaner you see on tv.Not the greatest pipe but my first refurb.Even the silver bands on the other pipes are mangled,think the first owner was a carpenter and smoked his hammers and used his pipes to drive nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.