PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Had to go to my 50th class reunion , not my thing.

Jan 8, 2013
I'm not much for bow ties but as you can compare to my avatar photo, I've said goodbye to the naked cheeks :D
mepipe.jpg
[/url][/img]

Jan 8, 2013
Riteous hat, Anthony.
Thanks Cosmic. The band fell off and got lost somewhere, so I cut an old leather belt to fit to take it's place. Has some spikes on the front of the crown, and you can't see it but there's a secret service pin in the top right of the crown too.... don't ask me how I got that :mrgreen:

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I have to wear a tie everyday. It's the only way to keep my wife from using them all as belts.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
No Bow Tie but I think I qualify for the beard part.

NL47xsq.jpg

I face only a mother an a wife of nearly 40 yrs could love. :rofl:

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Got the full beard and I keep it trimmed 8 months out of the year as a disguise. Haven't worn a tie of any kind but once or twice a year since 1993 and most of those were bowties worn with a tuxedo. Now I just wear ties for weddings and funerals.

Jun 4, 2014
I'd love to grow my beard out, but the ever present possibility of having to don an SCBA means shaving daily. Perhaps when my interior firefighting days are over. I avoid ties as much as possible, but there are days I need to wear one.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Normally, my beard is around 1/2" - 3/4", but this year I am going full Santa. But I still shave my neck almost every day.
My wife enjoys the tie with jeans look, so that shows up often. Work does not require ties. I just counted and I am down to 60 ties. I had over 100 after I inherited all my Dad's ties.
Zero bow ties.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't currently have facial hair, which I've explained elsewhere, however I do have a dozen or so bow ties I enjoy wearing from time to time. Granted, ties look pretty over-dressed most places these days, so I have to decide to look out of place or be attending some event that permits them. I remember situations when no-tie invited scorn. So I'll wear the bow ties for guys who don't, and you guys can wear the facial hair. Community effort.
When I did have facial hair, I found it required almost as much time as shaving to keep it looking good, at least in my case. A smoking buddy hasn't shaved in years.
brad looks like a man who just had a very successful cane harvest.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I have a beard at all times and like to wear a bow tie during the Christmas Season. Much prefer the the ones you actually tie to the clip ons.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Never worn a clip on. Still don't know how to tie a necktie, but I always tie the bows.

Status
Not open for further replies.