PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
here are the pups that were born in sub zero weather. our future bunny runners. to little females,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvZc0pa1zpM

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Great pups, brought back nice memories of my childhood when we had a litter of the little beagles. The cat seems to accept them rather well. Thanks, hope they are as eager to run down rabbits as they are at running down themselves.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
thanks, Briar Bully these little pups are out of FC little nip otis one of the finest hunting dogs around and FC shorts pro one of the top producers of field champions in the country. FC shorts pro has produced 109 field champions. these hounds are breed for field trials called spo. small pack option. out of 1 to 10 scale of speed they run a bunny about 5 or 6. FC little nip otis is a pure hunting hound our male is out of him and 32 years of raising beagles he is hands down the best rabbit dog we ever owned. but that being said you never know how a pup will tun out. we hope these little females turn out to be good hunting hounds. if they do they are the future of our kennel. thanks dave

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Wow, sounds like they got all the makings to be the best rabbit dogs a man can have. I had a half beagle mut really once back home that I found abandoned as a pup. Best squirrel dog ever. Love the sound of the hounds in full cry. How old before you start training? Whats the first steps? I plan on moving sometime this summer then I can start thinking on getting me a dachshund. Their mainly used for hunting here, not sure bout back home. I'd like to get into hunting underground and get me a digger. a Jack Russsel or dachshund with good hunting lines. After Foxes and rabbits.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very cute beautiful pups buckeye...congrats! And aren't they lucky to have such a great home with room to run. :clap:

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
Briar Bully we don`t rush them in training or running rabbits. we mainly work on commands like down and come. beagles are hard headed so the more you work them on simple commands is very helpfull. around 4 months we will take them in the field with there mom and let them smell around and watch her run a bunny. we have had hounds start as early as 4 months and as late as 12. your sguirrel dog sounded like a nice one. would love to have a tree rat dog,

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
maduroman said, "I like beagles... with lox and cream cheese."

Would those be puppy-seed covered beagles? :rofl:

Now, who doesn't like puppies?

Status
Not open for further replies.