PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppabear

Lurker
Aug 6, 2017
So I’m headed to the Carolina shore in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone on the coast has suggestions for a nice smoke on the humid and windy outer banks. I like all tobacco and do t have too much of a preference for one thing over the other. I like to smoke what I’m in the mood for. So any and all suggestions are welcome

I love to smoke GLPs Key Largo while drinking fruity drinks at the beach or poolside. It is a bold flavor tobacco that has latakia and cigar, but it is not trying to taste like a cigar. It is merely a fantastic bold flavor, savory enough to keep you salivating, and strong enough to not get lost in the salty heavy air. I find that lighter blends, like Virginias or VaPers just get lost in flavor while at the beach, so I always take Key Largo with me.

poppabear

Lurker
Aug 6, 2017
I will have to get my hands on some. I don’t think I have any in my cellar. I’ll have to check! Thanks cosmic

poppabear

Lurker
Aug 6, 2017
Key Largo is kind of hard to find? you guys have any good spots to purchase? guess i have to check my B&M.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Personally I'd grab my great big MM freehand with a good deep somewhat wind resistant bowl and size enough for a longer smoke. I think I'd tend toward Semois or PC/Russ O.'s Log Cabin and maybe a Virginia or Va/Per blend or two. Maybe take along a baggie of C&D cigar leaf, not having any Key Largo on hand.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
A couple of cobs and a few blends with mucho Latakia. At least that is what I would take. :D

poppabear

Lurker
Aug 6, 2017
got it! thanks for the suggestions.... i guess my ben wades will come in handy this trip! deep fat briars!! ill look into the tobaccos suggested!

Status
Not open for further replies.