PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Like the title says, I suggest taking any pipes from your teeth and setting them down. Drinking anything while reading this could be hazardous to your interweb equipment.
I have to be the first person to have done this, or the first person to have admitted it that I can see so far. .
I was going to the washroom and decided to bring my MM General clenched in my teeth and I had me a little sneeze come on..............
Thinking I had my pipe chenched good I decided to let the sneeze out and try to hold a little of it in so as not to blast hot tobacco out and risk a burn...... Low and friggin behold my pipe landed with a splash and sizzle followed immediatley by a loud stream of curse words matching the other stream that no man would dare stop.
After sanitizing my pipe, that's now drying, and will be getting another dose of alcohol in the morning. I decided to write a little caution to us guys. Don't take a leak with a pipe in your mouth... For your pipes sake, and the unholy words that will arise from the bathroom and scar your wife and children forever. Please heed my warning.

That is all. Thank you.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
you are a brave brave man for actually writing that down... thanks for taking one for the team, somebody had to figure out why not to do that first. However someone probably did before now...just never said so

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
I wish I could find the previous thread but I can't. About a year ago a similar story happened to one of our members. A good sterilization and lots of drying time and the pipe should be smokable. Although if it's a cob I would just buy a knew one. I would have to spend over the cost of the cob cleaning it to feel safe smoking it lol thanks for the laugh :p

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
A person needs to be a dedicated pipe smoker to actual smoke a pipe while peeing. Not sure if that's impressive or insane, but it's something. I guess you could call it a lesson learned.

gisboro

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
Although if it's a cob I would just buy a new one. I would have to spend over the cost of the cob cleaning it to feel safe smoking it

+1
No amount of cleaning would let me forget where it had been....

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I pipe in the can, while doing laundry, washing dishes, etc. As Marc Monroe Dion put it: Life is better with a pipe. The trick is to remove said pipe before the onset of a sneeze.

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
For you old sneezy guys. Urine is sterile. It was a part of your blood which is streamed into clorinated water. If there wasn't any fecal matter present, then just dry it out and pop it into your mouth. No problem. Still it's a funny story. Lucky he didn't have false teeth, like I have and have done that with my teeth.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Smoking while taking a dump-common sense. smoking while taking a piss, not so much.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I'll still smoke and I would never sell it lol.
@spud: Urine is only sterile while it is warm. Once it cools bacteria starts to form. The chlorine in our tap water is NOT sufficient sanitation for anything else other than waterborne bacteria and diseases. If this was the case, we wouldn't need to clean our toilets b/c they are already sanitized from the water in the bowl.

When I was in the army I took several survival courses. Every instructor said the exact same thing and had the proof to prove it. Humans can drink their own urine as long and its kept warm and for no longer than 1hr. If it smells bitter or is very yellow it is not recommended drinking it.

Urine is liquid waste from your body, some of it does come from your blood but mostly is made up of excess fluids and unwanted/unneeded nutrients and impurities in the body.
I wouldn't trust the small amounts of chlorine in tap water for sanitation. If we did it would be safe to use tap water for cleaning everything and it is not.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I've never dropped one in, but I've contemplated the consequences as nature called. Hope all is well for ur pipe.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have dropped my lit pipe in a cup of coffee already. Took some time to dry it out but no ill effects. However, into the toilet? Even though my toilet is clean and it is just the Wife and I here, the thoughts of what actually goes into the toilet; hmmmmm, me thinks a new Cob is in order.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
This story reminds me of a similar experience I had many years ago in China, back before western toilets became more common, and "squat" toilets were the norm. Fortunately, this didn't involve a pipe, but I had just finished an arduous two weeks in the hinterlands, and I was back in Beijing, in the old Beijing Hotel, needing to take a dump. I had a notebook filled with two weeks of notes in my back pocket, and, wouldn't you know it, the damn thing fell in the pit.
What to do? I couldn't possibly lose two weeks worth of work, so I screwed up my courage, held my breath (literally) and reached in......
Back in my hotel room, a liberal application of rubbing alcohol cleaned it up pretty well without smudging the ink too badly, and my notes were saved! I still have that notebook, buried deep in my desk somewhere.
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.