PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
i picked up the above pipe today. I am a bit puzzled. I have a Thorneycroft Dublin with the diamond BBB. This pipe has no metal BBB or stamped. did BBB not put the logo on their pipe stem at some point?

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Without seeing a pic and I hope I'm understanding your question... the metal logo on the stem can fall off over time. I have a Thorney and 2 Rare Grains missing them. Not sure what held them on to the stem (glue) but it looks like nothing was ever there on mine.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
That's exactly it buckaroo. It's as if it was never there and I don't think it's a replacement stem. I guess it fell off.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan

I also picked up a "The Academy Award" by Comoy(2nd) in shape 409. One of my favorite shapes. Both are in great condition.
As you can see the BBB is long gone. But it looks to be an original stem.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
URL=http://s1145.photobucket.com/user/Voorhees71/media/image.jpg2_zpszzeftwus.jpg.html]
image.jpg2_zpszzeftwus.jpg
[/URL]

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Great looking pics and 2 great vintage briars there. I've had really good luck with Comoy's 2nds and how could you pass up that bent bulldog.
I wish the metal BBB logo was still on my stems, but not really that big of a deal. Your stem looks orig to me, imho. The metal logo would have been on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.