PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Snagged this for £5($7.4) - looking forward to its arrival! Looks to be in decent shape...
s-l1600.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
For $7.40, I'm sure you bought a fine smoking pipe, but at some point, someone was WAY TO AGGRESSIVE with the buffer! :(

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Oh, yeah!
I took a couple of weak blasts to the show to get opinions on how and if I could deepen the effect by rusticating it further myself. One of the days I will get a round tuit.

bonehed

Nov 27, 2014
Yeah... slightly buffed eh? I bought it to smoke, not to resell so... so be it.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
That's gonna need some serious reaming but overall in good shape. My best smokers all had some major cake so hopefully yours will follow suit.

bonehed

Nov 27, 2014
Someone definitely thought she did OK... can just about fit a pencil in the bowl... doesn't need much else besides a good reaming. As you can tell the buffing has already been (over) done...

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Bonehed, I have bought from that seller myself in the past and have been on the whole happy with my purchases. However I have had 2 issues with a couple of pipes, one was a sitter that didn't sit and the other was a pipe with a very poorly fitting (possibly wrong) stem!
I hope you get lucky with yours.
Regards,
Jay.

bonehed

Nov 27, 2014
Smoking it now actually, so far so good, very open draw which I like. Just had to ream the bowl and add some nail polish to the tenon as the stummel didn't tighten up as much as I'd hoped it would. It's been buffed to almost smooth, which is sad... but I didn't buy it for its looks...

Status
Not open for further replies.