Bastards! They've had st. Bruno's dog away!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Just bought my latest pouch of st. Bruno, the health warning now increased to 'top billing' on the front. Covering about 80% with the st. Bruno name at the very bottom of the pouch.

Up until now, the inside of the pouch was adorned with the normal st. Bruno graphics, & the faithful ever present St. Bernard dog. Proclaiming himself (quite rightly) as the 'pipes best friend'.

Not now, just more condescending phrases & 'advise'. Bastards! Absolute good for nothing politically correct namby pamby interfering bastards!! (Rant over, apologies.)

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
No apologies necessary here, Simon. With more bad news seeming to roll in with each passing day, an expression of frustration is perfectly understandable.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
@simong can you show us a picture of the st.bruno, I am curious how the packaging looks like.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It would be additional expense which would only further raise the likely elevating price, but wouldn't it be a nice subversion if the blenders put a paste-over label in the tin or pouch, a nice peel off with the adhesive already in place. The warnings and terror would be on the outside, and the artwork ready to paste over them on the inside.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@hextor, sorry can't post a photo as I've tried & failed many times with this I-pad.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
What I've experienced with the bulk C & D Bayou Night: it's my belief that this blend was not aged long, if any aging at all. I received this tobacco VERY moist yesterday.
It's probably the retailer adding moisture to it. At my local B&M all of their bulk jars have a big wad of cotton or something stuffed into the top of the jar to keep it moist, except it's way too moist. C&D seems to keep their stuff on the dry side, as they're motto is we sell tobacco, not water. I would just dry it a bit so it doesn't get moldy once it's aging.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Hate to say it in French ! F--k the FDA. If we stick together, we'll win. Wait and see. JMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.