Basking in smoke with simple and modest beauty!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
We all start somewhere, we all have different sized wallets and we all seem to enjoy the ritual of basking in the smoke.
My trusty corncob, first pipe I've bought and smoked since packing in the cig's 8 years back. Been calmly enjoying the ritual the last few weeks to much enjoyment. :)

I think it's safe to say, despite some of us owning a plethora of pipes made by the best, the corncob still resonates in the inconic nostalgia centre of our minds!
Bit of American dark cherry in that kilner too, a real bask needs a really delicious aroma for those tough days. (A glass of scotch doesn't do too bad either!)
Name's Samon, and I'd like to see your simple pipes! Clay, cobs, homemade etc.
Cheers

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I couldn't agree more, I have a rather bulging collection but in the heat of summer, foul weather and times when I'm shaky due to my medical conditions it's soothing medicine knowing my trusty cobs await the grasp of my hand to be filled with my latest smoke, long live the cob!

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. That's about all you need for an optimal pipe experience.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome to the forum!

I happen to prefer smoking my briars and occasional meerschaum, but due to posts like this, a couple of days ago I fired up my 40 year old MM to great satisfaction. Now, will I get around to that churchwarden I got back then??

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
That is all you need to enjoy this to the fullest extent. I would not even mitigate it as modest beauty, just call it straight-up beauty. A beautiful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.