PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Who do ya like?...I grew up here in Dallas so its natural that I'm a die hard Rangers fan, but I just love to watch a good game...played until a couple yrs ago, too many ankle injuries. Anyway who's your team?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm from Cincy, so I have to root for the Reds. Plus we've actually gotten pretty good in the last few years. Usually I'll listen to the games online. Most Reds fans listen to the game on the radio. Even if it's on T.V. the tube gets muted to listen to Marty Brennamen (sp?).

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Native Michigander, so of course a Tigers fan. And nobody had a better broadcaster than the Tigers with the late, great Ernie Harwell. When he was teamed with Paul Carey,it was just icing on the cake.

bronxbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 23, 2010
New York
My dad was a Brooklyn Dodger fan so it was impossible to ever be a NY Yankee (evil empire) fan.
When the NY Mets came on the scene in the early 60's he became a fan and from birth I have been one too! LOL
Let's Go Met's

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Diehard Red Sox fan here for 46 years!! No band wagons here!!
Living in upstate NY it has been a character builder!!! :lol:

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
(evil empire)...+1 , any time the Yankees are losing, It's a good day. There's gotta be at least one yank fan out there. :nana:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Nope don't like it, and I just don't understand why they don't eliminate the huge amount of error in officiating and judgement that is inherent in baseball. With todays technology, they could electronically determine whether or not the ball is actually in the strike zone or not. Human error of judgement is overwhelming, and each mistake in judgement can/could/does change the course of the outcome of the game..just doesn't make sense at all to me. :crazy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Keep things as they are. If it weren't for poor officiating the Cubs wouldn't win at all! But I love 'em still.

cubs.gif
BillyGoatXing-2.jpg

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Another die-hard Rangers fan. Until our first 2010 World Series loss, we had won exactly one playoff game. When your team sucks is when they need you the most. Was at Kenny Rogers' perfect game in 1994; the fourteenth at the time (thank you Rusty Greer). I may be banned though; last game I went to I sat in the fourth row behind 1st, and a foul ball hit the empty chair on my left. Was wearing my glove and everything. I would have been on the Jumbotron for catching a foul while not just holding, but drinking a beer. It just didn't occur to me to stick out my left hand. Use DRPEPPER or VERIZON as the coupon code for some good ticket deals this year ($10 or half-price seats). If you want to buy some beers, take out a loan first.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Blue Jays...if it wasn't for human error baseball would be just ho hum...human error is part of the game just like contact is in hockey

throwryuken

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
Lifetime Oakland a's fan. I use to ditch school, ride the train to the stadium and get in for $2 if I brought a soda can. Went to most of the 2001 season (moneyball). Still a die hard fan even though we often battle for the basement lol.

smeaton

Lurker
Dec 10, 2011
Red Sox and Tigers fan here. Was always a big Red Sox fan when I was younger. Now that I'm "older", I've gravitated to the home team a bit (I'm a life long Michigander). I bought a replica of the 1939 Red Sox ball cap last fall, just before their plummet. I can't help but think my hat has been a jinx. :( :lol:

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
I just enjoy watching baseball. Wish I had a state pro team.
You're in Alabama, home of the SEC tournament, which is way better than any pro ball! That's like watching the future stars of tomorrow in the most competitive tournament around

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
+1 with cortez

Thats how baseball should be bleacher seats cold beer and a hotdog makes a good day.

I miss good ol harry cary

Status
Not open for further replies.