PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Well I received an ounce and one half of the Miskatonic blend from Baronsemidi . I must say that I was extremely surprised , when I had a bowl of the blackhouse lovers blend . It was nothing like I had imagined . I'll start with the way it smelled . Mildly earthy , and sweet . Natural Virginia ribbon cut with black cavandish was the base it seemed . Maybe a little burly and pinch of perique and or Latakia . Taste was medium bodied , mildly sweet . Just a slight hint of spice . Nice medium nicotine kick ! Not too wet . Not a bade room note either . This would be a good transition for an aro lover to try out unflavored natural viginia type mixes and flakes of that nature or also for the English fired flake lovers and vapor lovers to try a more tame natural style smoke . Good all day blend . I will be adding a quarter pound or moor to my pantry . Give it a try I recommend !

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Thanks for the review, cajundad. I think a lot of people were expecting a big Latakia blend but it is not that at all. It's a mild, but flavorful, very smooth Cav/VA/Burley blend with Turkish, Perique and a small amount of Latakia used as condiments.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I realized I'd never be a blender when I found out my current favorite tobacco (MacBaren's The Cube) is blended from 27 different baccys from three continents, then he added Caribbean sugar, Canadian maple syrup, English liquorice, fine chocolate and several fruits, and all I can tell is it tastes like white.

Status
Not open for further replies.