Barling Londoner

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by dragonslayer
  • Latest reply from mattmars
  1. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know about the Barling Londoner England Bent Bakelite? I tried to find some information to date and figure it's worth, as it will need some cleaning up. None of the markings are in what guides I have.
    Craig

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

All I can find is that the Barling Londoner is a post-transition pipe that usually had some fills or other defects. I have seen quite a few BB&S Londoner pipes while searching the 'Bay but not many Barling Londoners. Can't say how they smoke because I've never had any Barlings or BB&S pipes.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

All I can say is from what I have seen, a pre-transition Barling, in good condition, prices out at $250 to double that, depending on the pipe and the seller.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

From what I've been able to find, the Barling written in script is pre-tradition but it has an EB stamp on it, this one doesn’t so I'm thinking its post transition and with the small pitting issues a regular production pipe.

Craig

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. mattmars

mattmars

Login to Send PM

I have a Barling Londoner with BB&S on the stem. AFAIK the Londoner is only post transition. It's a favorite pipe of mine and am smoking it today. I will say that i have never seen a bent Londoner.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   rsuninv, woodsroad, phred, crpntr1, robin, daimyo, pascal, pitchfork, mcitinner1, texmexpipe, lestrout, mromagna, uncleblackie, dieseltech, blueeyedogre, vfefrenzy, jorgesoler, dread, conlejm, gigger48, derfatdutchman, dochudson, yazamitaz, weezell, david555, escioe, rickpal14, warren