Bari Pearl bamboo, does it influence anything ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Just got a little Bari Pearl bamboo pipe. Have been looking for some kind of bamboo enhanced pipe since Banjo has been regaling us with his wonderful collection of same. Got this very inexpensive since it had a partially broken tenon and a hole through the bamboo--now repaired. Haven't seen much discussion about using bamboo and if it affects the smoking qualities of a pipe. I have seen some comments about it absorbing tars and other stuff from the smoke stream. Don't know whether 1 knuckle or 5-6 knuckles make any difference. I haven't had one to smoke so the experts can weigh in for help. It does seem that it adds to the work and expense of adorning the pipe. Sure does make for some interesting and beautiful specimens !! Hoppes
img_0625.jpg

img_0626.jpg

img_0627.jpg

img_0628.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was given a Bari pipe decades ago by my late wife's aunt, for Christmas. No bamboo, but an excellent smooth bent brandy, smooth dark stain. It's a great pipe, with a very large bowl for its size and weight, and a good sturdy shank and stem. Just a fine briar from Denmark. The company closed long ago, but they are fine pipes if you come across an estate pipe. (I have the inkling that I misidentified this in past posts as a billiard, but this jogged my memory, and I got it off the rack and confirmed, a definite brand).

Status
Not open for further replies.