PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Hello Gang-

Anyone have any information on Barclay Square pipes? I would guess it is(was?) a tobacconist, and these are house pipes?

I have a 7 day set, they seem to be good quality, but I can't find any info on Barclay Square, I do know of Barclay-Rex, I wonder if these are related?? They all read "Naturals" or "Deluxe"........any information is appreciated, Thanks!.... :puffy:

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
They look very nice. Any shape numbers? It looks like the stems are marked on the Price and the bent Acorn, what does it say?

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Blowing them up, it looks like "PARA," as in para-rubber. Mostly you see that on really old pipes, but I remember seeing it once or twice on c. mid-century pipes.
No clue who made these, though. Shape numbers might tell, of course.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
The Poker, Canadian and Lovat(with the HIDEOUS bent stem) are all marked "Barclay Square" over "Naturals" --- No shape numbers, or any other markings..........
The Bulldog, prince, Acorn, & Apple are all marked "Barclay Square" over "Deluxe"... These 4 all have "PARA" on the stem too, No other markings, shape numbers, or country of origin......
Nice pipes, nice grain, no fills, but the Lovat does have a small pit as seen in the pics........

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Those are nice pipes. Who Made That Pipe says that both Sasieni and Comoy made a "Barclay" line. No mention of "Barclay Square," though.
Any updates on who made them?

Status
Not open for further replies.