PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just got in this beauty. It is a Ser Jacopo silver spigot. I have been wanting a Ser Jac for awhile now and Bradley was telling me about a good experience buying a pipe from Banjobob on ebay. I was looking through his pipes and spied this one, made an offer and he took it. The pipe is beautiful, better than in the pictures. It has a nice wide mouthpiece and the bowl is a good group 5 maybe even a 6. It arrived today and the packing alone, besides the quality of his pipes, sets this seller apart. First it was wrapped in nice tissue paper, upon removing that you find the pipe packed in bubble wrap and a $1 coin taped to the outside. Unravel the bubble wrap and I find a few small samples of tobacco, 2 of which I have never had. Bob sends out 1/3 of an ounce with every pipe. The coin and the tobacco are just a bonus and harken back to when sellers cared not just about their product but presentation. I am very impressed. The pipe itself was buffed and clean and ready to smoke. I broke it in with the sample of Old Gowrie that BanjoBob sent, a tobacco I had not had, but will now be ordering, very tasty. Here are some pics of how it arrived, the contents, the pipe itself, and the inaugural smoke.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Nice looking Jacopo, congratulations. BanjoBob is a great seller to work with, good quality pipes, reasonably priced. The coin thing took me back at first, I thought "Did I overpay or is this a voodoo thing?" I always look through his wares, before going on other searches.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I have several Ser Jacopo's in my collection. Not only do they smoke well but they are always such a pleasure to look at. Their craftsmanship and artistry is exceptional. Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.