PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

choch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
The Wife has forced me to remove my smoking to the garage. And old but comfy chair, a couple of space heaters, an old end table and a Bluetooth speaker later it's not terrible. At least I don't have to hear her complain about my pipe smoke.
BANISHED.jpg

Has anyone else been banished to the garage in order to smoke?

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
I am relegated outdoors to smoke, and I smoke often in the garage in winter. Its not heated and even two space heaters wouldn't make a lick of difference when it's -20C, but it's not too bad! I should look for a nice comfy chair though, that would probably help :)

wasnsfisher

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2017
LOL, We have bought a house since i was here 2-3 yrs ago. I have a room in Basement where I read and smoke. Much more comfortable now. I rather enjoy it. It was my choice however. Don't regret one second of it.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have been banished from the house, as well. But I was given the 10x12 shed in the back to create a man cave. Should be done by New Years. wood floors put in and 75% done with sheetrocking.

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
I smoke my pipes everywhere in the house but not in the garage.

The same wife for 47 years.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Mine knows who bought the house. The living room is my smoking room, and the living room closet is where my pipes and tobacco are.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I smoke indoors or out. Having the ability to do so, especially during the winter, is one thing that attracted me to pipe smoking. (Unlike with cigars.) I do tend to choose blends with a nicer room note when smoking inside around other family members. That generates their compliments, rather than complaints. It also seems to help if the lady of the house has fond memories of her father & uncles smoking a pipe.

wizhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2017
Traded my ex in for freedom 3 years ago, never been happier.I can now do what i want, when i want and where i want.
Wiz

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Summer '16 my cat started wheezing, so I smoked outside for 6 mos., and I've never liked this. I've been smoking in the bathroom since.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Geez, I must be a really blessed man. Twenty years ago my wife (then my girlfriend), gave me a pipe and tobacco for Christmas. I didn't waste any time proposing to that gal! When in the house I only smoke in the living room while watching TV and have never heard a peep out of her about it except on occasion she'll mention how she loves the room note of a particular blend that I am smoking. After reading choch's post, I think I'll go give her a hug and tell her how much I appreciate her. I don't want to be banished to the garage! But seriously? Down here in Texas, the women (well, the native ones), don't banish their men to the garage to smoke.

S

sunriseboy

For those guys "banished", put one of these in the shed and you'll be down to your shorts and tee shirt in twenty minutes!!!

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=hot+drum+wood+heaters&rlz=1C1NHXL_enAU731AU731&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=cPXzMZyvcWRvDM%253A%252CjiQz0UpX_-0JTM%252C_&usg=__WVNAeOSyCjYeM5XjcQQvLtEZ1lQ%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKn56v6ujXAhVEGpQKHZ0wDRIQ9QEITDAK#imgrc=cPXzMZyvcWRvDM:

Ha ha, Al. I had my wife's dream bathroom built for her, with a huge whirlpool sized tub with a huge picture frame window over looking our bamboo grove, shower the size of some people's bedrooms, and two walk in closets. She told me that I could never smoke my pipe in there. I said, "okie dokie." Me, a guy who keeps a pipe in my maw every waking moment, it was six months before I ever saw the inside of that room. She had broken a knob on the tub, and demanded that I fix it. I said, "how can I fix it, if I can't smoke in there."

Now, I am smoking in the tub as I write this. :puffy:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
But seriously? Down here in Texas, the women (well, the native ones), don't banish their men to the garage to smoke.

Speak for yourself Pipestud! My wife, born and bread here in Austin, she’s got me in the garage! Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.