PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

appiper96

Lurker
Oct 15, 2013
I'm new to pipe smoking and I'm located in Harrisburg. I'm having trouble finding a good place to get all my stuff locally. I would love some help finding a good place.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Take a one hour drive to Chambersburg, PA down route 81 and stop in at Boswell's Pipe Shop. You won't find any nicer folks, a great selection of tobaccos and Hand Made Pipes by Dan and JM Boswell. It's well worth the trip.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I've been to Wingenroth's (Lebanon) and Boswell's. I prefer Boswell's for precisely the reasons that docwatson mentioned. Nothing against Wingenroth's, they're a fine shop, but the Boswells make you feel like family. I visited Boswell's regularly when I worked in Harrisburg, and I remain a loyal customer of theirs even though I'm back home in NJ.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Boswells, CI and Wingenroths are all just about one hour from Harrisburg.
Boswells: the shop blends are pretty unique and priced right. He has a pretty good tin selection, but those prices run high. The family treats you like one of theirs and they have a comfortable lounge, actually two.
CI: Very limited pipe resources, but tin prices are excellent. The lounge/bar is amazing. The monthly Pipe Guild meeting is worth attending.
Wingenroths: Once you get to know Mel, he is a great guy. His tin selection is the best on the East Coast (buy 4, get one free). He usually has a nice selection of estate pipes. A very small shop, with limited room, but dusty & crusty, just the way I like it (same for motorcycle shops).

stevesutera

Lurker
Jul 29, 2013
I will agree with the reviews on Boswells, I can not say enough nice things about both Dan and J.M. They make you feel at home and their prices are AWSOME. I bought two pipes and 15oz of tobacco and it cost me $200.00. One of the pipes they laser inscribed an image of my dog on it. I am attaching pictures of my first purchase from there. I did make a second trip out before leaving town for an additional 15oz's. Also when you purchase a pipe there they give you a free ounce of your choice. The pipes are a great smoke and I am already planning on my next pipe from there.
I traveled down from MA and it was my first stop the next morning. The aromatic blends that they make are excellent. They have great flavor and smoke cool with no bite at all. I loved the lounge and the atmosphere in the store. We got to meet Titus who is a HUGE husky, that is the sweetest dog.

stevesutera

Lurker
Jul 29, 2013
Hi Doc,
I sent Dan the image a week before my arrival and he let me know if he was able to work with it. When I got down there he said pick a pipe and I will let you know if it will work with the finish you selected. I could not be happier with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.