PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Hello everyone! I will be going to Tennessee for vacation soon. For those of you that reside in the area or have been through there, are there any B&M shops that are 'must-visit' locations? We will be going through Nashville and then staying in the Smokies outside of Gatlinburg. If you know of any shops in the area or along the way (or any that are close), please let me know! Thanks!

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
The GatlinBurlier in the Mountain Mall in Gatlinburg is a great place to visit. Some of their pipes and tins are slightly overpriced, but that's what you get at a Tobacconist in a mall in a tourist spot. Their house tobacco blends are good (I can recommend Gatlin-Burley and Smokies Smoke Eaze). The staff is really friendly...and hey, how many other places can you smoke INSIDE A MALL in this day and age?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
The GatlinBurlier is definitely the place to go while you're in Gatlinburg.
In Nashville, check out Elliston Place Pipe & Tobacco. Great selection of both pipes & tobacco blends, both bulk & tinned.
If you're in the Murfreesboro area, check out the Humidor and try some old 310 blends.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Just vacationed in that area a few weeks ago. Stop by the GatlinBurlier, but don't expect a huge selection of pipes/tobacco. Had very little pipe tobacco other than their own bulk blends.
Staff is EXTREMELY friendly and be sure to bring your pipe so you can light up in the shop. Staff also offered me samples to smoke in the shop. Nice place, but just don't expect a "mecca" :)

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Another recommendation for the GatlinBurlier. The guys are the best part of the shop, and the blends are great especially GatlinBurley. Don't look for tins though, it is a house blend shop.
When in Nashville, Uptown's is usually on my list of stops. They always have an interesting pipe or two, and have a decent tin selection.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
My wife and I are headed to Nashville on July 30 thru Aug 3 and then on to Gatlinburg until Aug 9. I plan to check out Uptowns in Nashville as well as the Gatlinburlier when we're in Gatlinburg. May have to check out Elliston Place in Nashville too. I was hoping to be able to visit/tour Briarworks while in Nashville but they aren't able to accommodate me unfortunately.
PM me if any of you gents would like to meet up and spend some pipe time together while we're in town. Would enjoy meeting and having a bowl or two if you have the time.
Cheers, Jim :D

I just spent my honeymoon up there in Gatlinburg. While the Gatlinburlier has a certain "feel," the tobacco is all Peter Stokkebye bulk blends sold with new stickers and the pipes are all bucket pipes mounted on the wall. The guys were very entertaining, like characters from a book. Talking about pipes seems to bore them, but ask them about local beers and they become like cartoons. i was entertained for an hour while my wife shopped the Sky Mall. However, I had to really do some digging to find something pipe relates to buy, which ended up being a leather pipe cleaner case, ha ha. I felt compelled to buy something though, as they loaded my pipe up with a Cosmic Twist of LTF and LNF.
Funny story, one of the guys was telling me that the flake was grown just around the mountain, as I was looking right at a PS LTF. I knew all of these blends in the jars very well, as they are at The Briary, but he labels them with the Stokkebye names there. I just gave them a very friendly grin and asked him if I just looked that stupid or if the stories about these tobaccos were just carnie speak for the tourists? After a steady gaze into my eyes, he finally broke a smile and said that he supposed that he was shocked that I really wasn't that stupid after all, ha ha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.