PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
Does anyone know of a shop in Cancun Mexico that sells pipe tobacco? My brother in law is vacationing there this week and I'm takeing care of his dog so I figure he will bring me a present. He usually gives me cigars, but I have enough cigars to last me a lifetime (which is like 10. I dropped them when I switched to pipes). If he can find a nice tin I would much rather that.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I know he can bring back duty free 250g of tobacco if he can find it. Looking around now to see if there is any shops there. Found a bunch of cigar shops.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Copied this from a vacation resort add:
Morgan's

Av Coba 47, Cancún, 77500 998-884-4433

Description: DOWNTOWN. Since many of Cancún's establishments are cigar-friendly, it's not surprising that several cigar specialty stories are located in the city. Morgan's is one of the best, offering visitors a vast selection of brands like Cuban Montecristos and Jamaican Macanudos. Pipe and other tobacco products are also available here.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Wouldn't it be a riot if he brought back a tub of P.A.?
Reminds me of the time when I asked a friend who was visiting Canada if he could bring back a Cuban cigar for me. (Neither of us knew at the time that that would be illegal.)
He came back with some shrinkwrapped things he found near the cash register of a gas station.
Bob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
BTW, I only remember seeing cigar shops when I was in Cancun. Can't imagine there'd be any pipe tobacco there, though, that you couldn't find cheaper here in the States (assuming you live in the States).
If your brother-in-law has never smoked a Cuban cigar, he should definitely pick some up while he's there. (He won't be able to bring them back, though. Again, assuming he lives in the U.S.) Despite what everyone says about the fine quality of current non-Cuban cigars -- and I agree that they can be of very high quality -- I hadn't anticipated the flavor difference I experienced with a Cuban Romeo y Julieta. There was a spice that I've never experienced in any other cigar, and it was absolutely amazing.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.