Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
So in my quest for aged tobaccos, I figured why not try the local B&M? Our primary local pipe tobacco store used to have two locations, and in January shuttered one store and moved all their stock to a single location. I was hoping that maybe over time, some stock had gotten pushed to the back and never rotated, leaving me a longshot at picking up some aged tobacco in person.
So tonight I stopped in. They had one tin of 2015 Christmas Cheer, so....I could always use another I guess, so I put that in my pile. Then I looked through the rest of their McClellands.......nothing in the way of a Va or Vaper here......on to the GL Pease stock......again no Va or Vapers but for one tin of Sixpence, and that's a new blend anyway so I kept looking......on to the Cornell & Diehl tins......nothing....nothing....nothing.....Hmmm, a couple tins of Opening Night. Now there's a decent "ageable" Virginia. I pick up the first tin and it is BLOATED. Second tin..also bloated. I have to peel back the price tags just to see the date codes. 10/19/11 and 07/10/09. Success!! a 5 year old and a 7 year old tin to go along with a year old tin just for boosting my supply.
That was fun. :puffpipe:

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Great point Cosmic. I did ask if they had anything else "in the back" or stored elsewhere. No luck. But for anyone else - certainly worth the ask.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Great find jmatt---- Always cool to get a shelf aged blend. I got a one pound can of GLP Westminster from Mars Cigars last year that was dated 2010.

My only other score was two tins of Ashton(McClleland) Pebblecut, also 2010 from my local B&M.... :D

londonmake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
this brings back happy memories...
A few years back, while visiting in Evanston, I went into a little smoke shop near the train station and inquired about old stock...

The guy took two small pkgs of tobacco out of his humidor-------
------Troost Slices :D

Status
Not open for further replies.