PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Actually this is just the tip of the iceberg. I failed to mention the Grey Havens I smoked in the Talbert Calabash is 23 y/o and delightful at keeping it smokey, so,delightful I’m having another bowl in this pipe by Jan Szymon Gołowacz of Poland.
The pipe is a 6 knuckle banjo shank with a freehand bowl that is partially rusticated and partially smooth, the bowl top is plateau and he has a clean out with a 1 knuckle bamboo segment capped with rusticated Briar, the pipe is whimsically called the Mermaid, off to keep it smokey.

banjo
44613408042_9b57f855d4_z_d.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
wow, that's awesome, and quite a mouthfull. I am sure you need to be careful if walking around with that one.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'll say it's a mouthful and a handful! Is it briar except for the bamboo? And is that a metal piece through which the smoke travels?

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I truly don’t know if the tube is metal painted black or a piece of Briar made into a tube, yes, it’s all Briar save the bamboo, stem and maybe the tubing.

banjo

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Man that is one cool looking pipe! It almost looks, I don't know, for lack of a better word, Jurassic!

Status
Not open for further replies.