Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:   

Bam! A New Colding

(9 posts)
  1. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is my first actual win on an Ebay Auction. I've made "buy it now" transactions, but every single time that I have attempted to win something on there, I get sniped in the final minute. I have two other estate Coldings, of which I only know that they were made in Denmark and the ones that I had already were made in the 50's-60's, according to my local tobacconist. So, I occasionally do a web search for Colding Pipes, but there is no information on the company online that I can find. But, I happened upon this pipe this morning, and managed to actually win it in auction, yeh!
    And, I am anxious to get this one. No, it wasn't expensive, nor anything others may collect. But, I really like their style and deep and narrow bowls. This one is a little more "Danish" looking than my others, in that it has a bend and more "freehand" look to the design of the bowl. I'm anxious to get this one loaded up with a fine Virginian leaf and kick back.
    This is a birthday present to myself, and should arrive on the actual day of my birth. I hope this evening is finding you ladies and gents in an excellent spirit.

Michael
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. philip

Philip

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congratulations. I like the looks of it.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very nice. What an unique shape

"You have to be a man first before you're a gentleman. "

John Wayne
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A beauty - congrats!

"Be seeing you"

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's a good looking, interesting pipe. Congrats!

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Looks like a ShinyPipes offering. I hope it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures, they are notorious for photoshopping. I really do hope you enjoy it though!

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ugg, Sam, now that adds a tinge of anxiety to my anticipation.
    I checked out their reviews, and it all looked good. I saw just three complaints out of hundreds, and they were about shipping and some other nit-pickyness. No one seems to claim that the pictures are different from the product, or doctored. They do remove the background, but many online vendors do this.
    Oh well, I will definitely post if the pipe isn't as pristine as the pictures. Just a couple of more days :::sigh:::

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Sorry to burst your bubble. People here have had mostly good experiences, but there are threads on here about them photo-shopping out flaws and fills. One of the threads is HERE.

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

At least they seem to take returns well, if that need be the case

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   spartan99, loneredtree, bayareabriar, rodo, oldgeezersmoker, smudgersmissingleg, frankrem, pitchfork, ashdigger, cshubhra, 3rdguy, marc75