PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
The cellar is essentially done, so TAD has given way to PAD. Recently watched the Hatfields & McCoys mini-series and decided to grab a Devil Anse from The Danish Pipe Shop.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Grrrr... I was waiting for that one to arrive at Danish Pipe Shoppe so I could grab it. Nice buy.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Don't forget the cowboy boots as well to go along with your pipe at your hat.
Congratulations on your new pipe. I had a pipe made as well after I saw that shape also. Rad Davis also makes pipes he calls Devil Anse if you would be needing another pipe from him.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The grain on that bowl is top notch. I like the shaping on it too. It's a little more bowl than the actor

in the film had. I do like a shank and stem with a little more length to cool and mellow the smoke, but

this pipe looks terrific. That's a tough shape to classify -- maybe an egg.

Jul 12, 2011
Sweet Balkovec brother. Mark is an outstanding pipe maker.

Having several of his designs, I will say you are in for a

real sweet smoker there brother...congrats and enjoy

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Nice Balkovic. I mean Reaaalll nice Balkovic. I hope you get some awesome smokes with it....in your cowboy hat....and your cowboy boots......were you going with the spurs???

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Peck, your taste in pipes is impeccable. Anse Hatfield was never a cowboy though. Appalachia was a region of unsettled land in the US that many overseas settlers made their home. Greg can attest to the fact that folks from that era wore what was available to them, not "cowboy" clothes. An interesting group of folks that settled in the Hills of WV and KY. They were folks that had to live off the land because they had no other choice but to do so. Just Sayin :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.