Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Just wanted to let you guys know, EA Carey's has Germain Sobranie in stock for $24.99 a tin, just in case you HAVE to have it. In other news, you can get a tin of Red Rapparee for $10 anywhere.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Thanks for the news.

For the first time ever, I purchased a few tins of this blend.

I look forward to finding out what all the hubbub is about.

Jun 27, 2016
They've had that listed for at least a couple months now. It's available cheaper online right now. Happy hunting! :puffpipe:

Jun 27, 2016
bostoneo
wow that's a lot of B.S. :D
=)
He's still got a few left online that you can put in your cart. I ain't giving it up, you guys are going to have to find it. If he turns out not to have any, tell him to update his website!

bostoneo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2016
Akron, OH
hmmm that store is only 15mi from me. I used to work in that area of Canton OH, looked for it once but couldn't find any signage, no PO office/boxes there either.

Jun 27, 2016
hiplainsdrifter

Do people still buy this stuff?
At $25 a tin, my guess is that nobody is running for it because E.A. Careys has had that listed in stock for long time now.
I see that somebody must have found the place that I found though, because he's out now. Congrats if it was someone on here! Keep your mouth shut and you might be able to get a whole box full like I did the next time he gets more!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I used to enjoy Balkan Sobranie back when Sobranie and later Gallaher blended it. I'm not sure what Germain's is putting in the tins they sell as Balkan Sobranie, but Balkan Sobranie it isn't. I've got a stack sitting because I can't stand this version. WhiteKnight is much closer to the original, and you don't get scalped for buying tin art.

Since I just picked up some 10 year aged yenidje at the WCPS, I may pop a tin and try adding it in to see if the stuff turns into something worth smoking. Balkan Sasieni is great!

Jun 27, 2016
EA carey inventory shows none in stock now, someone or some people bought for what they could get it for, because of the holidays. :puffy:

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
http://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/Balkan-Sobranidje-Blend8.htm This is the current balkan sobranie that most interests me.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah it's called casing, it's on every tobacco pretty much. The legendary Balkan Sobranie had one as well.

Jun 27, 2016
Okay, but how much of it is for flavor, and how much of it is for other reasons? That's what I would wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.