PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Ok Ive been trying to get a tin of Balkan Sasieni both online and b&m shops. Yesterday when I was done at the surgons I went to a very nice pipe and cigr shop and they told me they have been out some time now and thought it wasnt made any more. Does anyone know if is true? And does anyone know if Balkan Sobranie is being made again?

tedvig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2011
Isn't this part of the Stokkebye redistribution deal? Should be picking back up distributed through Lane on april first?

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Balkan Sasieni is technically not part of the Stokkebye family, but it has been distributed by Villiger-Stokkebye for many years. Just inspected our ample supply today. All ready to start shipping to distributors Monday. Will take a few days after that to make it's way to B&Ms.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Pm me I know a place that sells for less than $7.

They are not one of the sponsors.

So I will not put there name here. And I like that tobacco. My last smoke of the day.

Joey2 shoes

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Hey Jasin - I have a tin of Balkan Sasieni purchased in Fall of 2010. I opened it the first week of March 2012, and smoked 2 medium/small sized bowls out of it. Love Orientals, but this is not my cup of tea - this is very dry, earthy - almost salty. If you would rather not wait on an order, PM me, and we can work out a trade.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
I bought a tin from 4noggin about 2 months ago. My first blend with latakia in it. Not bad, just a smokey and dry flavour. Its good value around $7 a tin.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I haven't had the chance to try the new version of Sobraine yet, but I absolutely love Sasieni...I'd have to say it's my current favorite Balkan/English blend.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Jud wrote: Try it in a larger bowl, Stogie37. It will change the taste.
Thanks Jud, I'm going to do just that. I stuck the tin in the bottom of the cellar and figured I would give it a little time. I have a great, wide bowl Ashton XXX Pot that really treats latakia blends nicely. I see these two partnering on the near future. I'll let you know how it goes!

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I don't have any problems finding either one. Love the stuff. Just received 2 tins of Sasieni last week from pipesandcigars.com. The Sobraine their out of and have a 2 tin limit. Must be a good seller I guess.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I tried the Sobranie, didn't care much for it. I just opened a tin of Sansieni that I bought last year and I love this blend, plus it's readily available at a very low price ($6.XX/tin at P&C) It will be a regular blend for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.