PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014

I just can't get over how tasty these darn Balkan blends are, especially on a chilly day. A big thanks for the input, both direct and in the form of reading existing threads. So far my favorites are Black House and Charring Cross although I have been really enjoying Black and Blue (50/50 Black House and Balkan Blue). Overall I have tried Balkan Blue, White Knight, Black House, Charring Cross, Balkan Sobranie, Tashkent and Arango Balkan Supreme. I am looking for suggestions that fall more towards the Black House side of things, if you have any to offer.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
If you like Charring Cross, you should like Kensington. It's way less raucous than Charring Cross, but still has plenty of flavor and complexity. It's one of the GLP blends that tends to fly under the radar

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
3313fye.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'd definitely recommend Balkan Sasieni if you haven't tried it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIAwidcEG1M

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Supposedly Frog Morton On The Bayou is a Balkan, add McClelland Ketchup you have an American Balkan.
Seriously though, it tastes pretty fine once you get used to it. I just finished a bowl and it tasted as pipe tobacco should taste,IMHO. As I've never tried another Balkan, much less Black House, I can't say which way this blend leans.
@huntertrw
You've proven yourself as a comedian, now I see you're a pretty good song writer as well!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I have some FMOTB and enjoy it but haven't really been back to revisit it since I have logged more hours smoking Balkans. I'll have to crack my jar and sample some more. I'll have to add Kensington to the list and I was planning on trying Balkan Sasieni, thanks for the input.
MacBaren Balkan flake

Did you mean Latakia Flake Trailboss? I don't see a Balkan Flake in their offerings.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I think trailboss was referring to Gawith's Balkan Flake. The "deliciously cool smoke" is on those tins.
Lets not forget Gaslight. That shit is tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.