Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Bah, Humbug!

(9 posts)
  1. kcvet67

kcvet67

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've had tickets for The Who concert here in Kansas City for months and they announced this evening that it's been postponed. Roger Daltrey has swollen vocal cords. Getting old is a bitch.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You never know what you're going to get when you go to one of the Geritol Traveling Road Shows. I went to see Bob Seeger a month or two ago and it was pretty good! But he has adapted using a full horn section & backup singers. There must have been up to 8-10 people going on & coming off the stage at times depending on the next set.

Rebels been rebels since I don't know when
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. leacha

leacha

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I remember their "final" tour in 1982.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's a bit strange when folks that we remember as young in reality are old now..You're right about getting old..It Hurts

Life's most valuable treasure is..Love
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. buroak

buroak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    With swollen cords

Life contains a particle of risk. - Allardyce T. Meriweather in Little Big Man
    Posted 4 years ago #
  6. kcvet67

kcvet67

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You never know what you're going to get when you go to one of the Geritol Traveling Road Shows.

Very true! Some of the concerts on PBS are almost painful to watch. I saw Crosby, Stills & Nash at Starlight Theatre a couple of years ago and they still sounded great.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Went to see Willie Nelson (on a bill with Bob Dylan) about six years ago. Willie's voice was so gone, he essentially spoke the lyrics, but he loved the crowd and the crowd loved him, and I think his voice came back. The tour just overbooked. Mellencamp was on the program but amped up so much everyone either put in ear plugs or hid behind the stands. Why Nelson and Dylan let him do that, I don't know. That part of the show was a loss.

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Went to see Willie Nelson (on a bill with Bob Dylan) about six years ago.

I saw that same tour, late in the summer at a small outdoor venue. Willie was great but Dylan was weak. I took it that it was late in the tour and Dylan was just worn out. But who really knows what you're going to get?

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. av8scuba

av8scuba

Login to Send PM

Sometimes the old memories make up enough for what Old Age had done to us all.

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   loneredtree, bayareabriar, rodo, spartan99, oldgeezersmoker, smudgersmissingleg, frankrem, pitchfork, ashdigger, cshubhra, 3rdguy, marc75