PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
I went to the doctor's Friday. And I found that 80% of my muscle tissue is dead in my right leg from Afghanistan. In a month and a half I will be losing my leg at the knee. Pretty depressed right now.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Damn irish that is some news. In no way does this compare but I chopped off one of my fingers at the first knuckle about 15 years ago on my strong side too. It's a struggle but life keeps going and the human body has an amazing ability to compensate. Be strong for your family and they will be there for you also.

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Irish, so sorry to hear about this brother. I can't imagine that words would do much to help you in this situation but I know that you will overcome this and won't let it defeat you. Soon you will be blessed with the birth of your child and nothing else in the world will matter then. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
Don't have to words to express how sorry I am to hear that. Know that I will be thinking of you brother.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Bro. That sucks. Well the good thing is they don't have butt kicking contests any more, but you would probably dominate at that anyway.
Ever see Men of Honor. Cookie determination. And heart. And you got it bro.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
That sucks irish! I'm so sorry to hear that! I do have to agree with jameral that once your daughter is born, things will change for the better. I would also like to take this chance to thank you for your sacrifice. I know it seems like little consolation right now, but I truly appreciate all that you did. The rest of this weekend I smoke in your honor.
-Jason

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
What a tough issue to face, man I feel for you. I guess the only thing to do is be thankful for with what you do have.

Saying a prayer for you and your family...

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
And we'll be here for you brother. Like lordnoble says think of your child and keep your head high.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Hey it sucks and nothing I can say can change that. I do have idea of what you and your family are going through though my dad lost his arm at the elbow in an industrial accident.
I'm sure you've heard this but prosthetics have come a long way as well has physio therapy and occupational therapy. Whatever you do take all the hell and assistance that you can get, these people will ensure your success in the future.
The other thing is your allowed to feel sad, mad and depressed, seek out those that will listen, those that have similar experiences, it will help.
Your life will be different that's for sure, but it's really up to you how good it can be. I've known people who've lost limbs that do more now than before they lost them, It sort of gave them a license to try new things.
I'll be thinking of you.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Sorry to hear it buddy. Stay strong and stay thankful for what you have. I'm sure it will be a tough thing to accept, so lean on us as much as you have to brother. Stay strong. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Brother your a strong guy and I know that you being a warrior you wont let this hold you back and in the end you will be up and running and kicking ass with the best of them. Stay strong.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Thank you all for the kind words. I called and talked to my old company captain. He reminded me that I was and will always be a Ranger. Rangers never back away from a challenge. No matter what the odds or the enemy.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Damn straight brother...never lay down and die, always fight back in the face of adversity!!!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am sorry to hear the bad news Irish, but...... You will still be the fine gent that you are now. As far as becoming a Father: One leg or 2 legs is not going to make a difference on the great Dad that you will be! I wish you all the best and hope that you will find the other great things in life and Fatherhood that you deserve. And thank God that you came back from Afgan. when so many others did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.