PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
So I had an 8 oz tin of C&D Briar fox since 2017 sitting in the cellar. I opened it up today to place it into jars for long term, and noticed the second chunk is covered in what I believe to be mold.
Super diasapointing.
IMG-20190126-105722.jpg

IMG-20190126-105806.jpg

My first 8 oz tin I went through was fine, and the top brick in this tin was ok too, but I don't think I'll be buying anymore unfortunately.
And this one was one of my favorites....

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Reach out to the vendor, or C&D they’ll make it right. You have to remember that tobacco is not synthetic, and C&D is trying to get the most natural product to you.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Didn't they have some issues with mold during that time? If I recall, there were several blends affected. Such a shame.
Makes me wonder though, since that was a sealed tin, would have done the same thing if was in a jar?

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
That’s mold. First I’ve heard of it on that blend. Damn.
I’m sure someone will chime in to say it’s just plume or bloom and that it’s fine to smoke.
C&D will probably replace it for you if you contact them.
After having personally found mold in 5 different C&D blends over the last couple of years I’ve stopped cellaring their stuff. They’ve always replaced the tins without question but it’s not worth the hassle to me. Pity is I like so many of their blends. I just buy C&D for near term consumption now.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A Forums member sent me a sample plug of Briar Fox. No mold, nice little plug, but the blend just didn't click with me. Many find it good. I don't mind mild, but for me, it was bland.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I tend to shy away from C&D for this very reason, it seems mold is an all to common experience for me. I wish it were not so.
Don

reap

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
Briar Fox is my favourite, that being said I got a moldy 16 once block back when they were having issues. Rich at 4Noggins replaced it for me. I have some tins and I'm hoping I don't have issues with them. What a waste of a very fine tobacco.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'll have to double check the tin but I'm pretty sure it said 17.
I tried to contact them, but it took me a while to find an email, so I guess I'm not sure if it's the correct one or not. We shall see.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
CD did have some issues back around that time frame, but fortunately they've been long since resolved. I hate it for you, really do :(, but have no doubt they'll make it good for you!
Bill

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Received an email response from Jeremy at C&D. Responded within a day, and he is making it right.
Great customer service!

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
I think when they were moving the facility QC went down the tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.