videos...you can get a nice Hario glass dripper for under $25 and with

some practice you will have the best cup of coffee on the planet ,

hands down....add a bowl full of your favorite blend and I will

meet you on "Cloud 9" ;-)

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I've been enjoying my cafe americano that I've been making with my new aeropress that was suggested in another coffee thread a couple of weeks ago. Of course the Hario looks quite intriguing.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
A French Press, some Marley One Love and a bowl of P.S. Cube Cut is an awesome way to start the day :puffy:

amiller

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
areo press is my wife's personal fav. I'm still an obsessive tea drinker... but I wish tobacco went as well with tea as it does coffee.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
Pour over methods give a very light, crisp and refined cup. If you want to discover all the hidden secrets of a cup of coffee, use a pour over. French press and Aeropress both give an oil-forward body and more toothsome cup (which I love), but if you have real quality beans, nothing beats a pour over for cup quality.
Your new "me time" ritual sounds amazing, sir, and I salute you for slowing down and doing things right. o)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I totally agree with javajunkie, press (aero and French) coffees are bigger in body and mouthfeel, and not only have more oil present in the finished brew, but more coffee solids in suspension.
I like the cleanliness of cup of a pour over (like the Hario V60 or Kalita Wave) brewers, but don't love the inconsistency from cup to cup. Open brewing systems like these are VERY dependent on pour rate (how fast/slow one adds water to the filter). Which leads to changes in water contact time with the grinds.
I prefer to use devices like the Clever Dripper, or Bona Vita Immersion Dripper, to manage this. They use paper or permanent filters which holds back some of the coffee sediment and oils, leading to a cleaner cup... and the user can control water contact time by using a clock, watch, alarm to manage bloom time, extraction time, and drain time.
$0.05 in the bucket.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.