PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Having Back surgery tomorrow (Fri, Dec 7.) I will be in the hospital from 2-4 days, probably in considerable pain for the first few days. The tough part will be not being able to smoke my pipe while I'm there. Now there's a good incentive for a speedy recovery!

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I've had a couple of back surgeries. It is hard for the first week of recovery and you will be pretty sore. They will give you some meds for the pain. You should be pretty good by Christmas:) I wish you a speedy recovery.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Hope everything turns out for the positive.. Good luck and get well soon...

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
good luck, and move when they tell you to move. follow the rehab like your supposed to. and most importantly smome em when you can

Aug 14, 2012
Ah, smoke anyway when nobody's looking. I once lit up in the dentist's chair. Threw the whole office in an uproar. IT WAS FUN.

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Brother... good luck and God Bless... had mine 7 years ago... take the extra days in the hospital if you can... it's really nice to be close to the meds in case that pain hits... I made the mistake of returning home too soon...

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
I am in week six after having my back surgery. It is rough for the first two weeks, but it gets better after that. Takes about six weeks before you know the true results. I am doing fine now, just have to be careful picking up anything heavy. I sure wish you the best of luck and yes, the no smoking rule in hospitals stinks!

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Back sugery sucks, I had a major fusion in 2006 that required 8 days in the hospital. They wouldn't even let me have any snuff! Good luck!

Smokey

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Good luck! I have had my L4-L5 fused about a year and a half ago, I feel your pain and wish you a speedy recovery!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I had back surgery several years ago. It was a simple procedure to fix a bulged disc and pinched nerve. All went well except during the surgery the surgeon put a hole in my spinal fluid sack and I had to go back into the hospital for 10 days. Worst pain in my life!!! They gave me pure caffeine through my IV after being admitted. I had to pee like every hour it was rough. Then the next day they tried a blood patch which didn't work. Then I had to drain 15cc of spinal fluid every hour on the hour for 5 days straight through a drain tube that was inserted into my back. I slept in 45 minute increments. Plus I had to eat hospital food during that whole time. Worst 10 days of my life!!! Because this is such a rarity I had about 15 medical students in my room on multiple occasions learning about these different procedures. I felt like a lab rat at times. All I can say is I would not wish this agony on anyone.
Not to scare you, but thought I would share. All the best to you and a speedy recovery as well!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.