PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Hey guys, I am posting this for future use - I guess it is more likely to be used by our European members, but I guess that our US members tend to visit Europe as well, being in search for tobacco places. My wife and I opted for Italy this year, just booked a hotel on booking.com and we went in exploring Rimini in as far as having our meals, beach and so on. Thanks to to a forum member's (raybrown55) recommendation I did try out Tabacheria del Corso di Augustus. The place is rather small, just of the Corso di Augustus in the old town in Rimini. The place is great for cigars, estate pipes and italian pipe tobacco. Also the place is FANTASTIC for your Toscana cigar lover. I ended up buying two toscanello wooden holders (one olive, and one pepper), some vintage toscanos and the latest product that I have not seen exported yet, called Mazzini - kind of like a Garibaldi but with a little more omph in it. Pipe estates are available at above average prices, so I didn't buy anything from here, while their new pipes offer is close to null.
Tabacheria del Corso entrance:

20190807-121221.jpg

Part of my haul:

20190807-152249.jpg

After Italy we decided to stay a few nights in Budapest, since Franz Liszt Airport is where we flew out. The first pictures are actually findings from the old Buda Palace Bastion, old Turkish pipes from the 16th century, along with a short story of tobacco use in Budapest. The other two pictures are of Pipatorium Bt Pipe Shop. Well, for the Budapest traveler I do recommend that on your first visit you go to Gallwitz Szaküzlet or Szabo Pipa shop in Budapest (it is smaller than their headquarters in Nagykőrös, but still worth it). I might add that pipe accessories, Hungarian pipes and pipe tobacco in Hungary are sold at the best prices form all European Union countries. Pipatorium Bt Pipe Shop, unlike the other two mentioned, has a small offer of everything, but prices are just awesome. I stocked up on filters, an ashtray, and a few other small items. (the pipes in the ashtray are actually my latest purchase from a local club member - he is no longer smoking filtered, and he let go this Danske Club - brand new Stanwell second, and this hand made danish Danmore bulldog, for a good price)
20190813-155822.jpg

20190813-160157.jpg

20190814-135512.jpg

20190814-135518.jpg

20190816-234250.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice atmosphere all around. I like the low-hanging awning and the array of pipe bowls. Thank you for posting these.

Status
Not open for further replies.