PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Went to the Smokies this past Tuesday, and came home yesterday. While there I visited the Gatlinburlier again, and left with a Christmas 2015 house pipe, made in Italy.

On my way to the mountains I stopped by a place and picked up a Sav that didn't have a stem to fit. The one in the pic the lady gave me.

Gonna save the best find for last. As we was leaving I came across a Irish Second (Pete if my research is right), and another Sav. Then my daughter came across another Gatlinburlier house pipe. Then the last buy was about 8 pipes I found at a booth that had a bunch for 7.50 each.

However my wife found this pipe while I was looking at another pipe in a Antique store. Its going to need a bit of work, but I believe it will turn out to be a looker. Looks like patience finally pays of on hunting for one.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Dayum!! Congrats,that's quite a haul! Looks like you got some real winners there, and you're going to have some fun restoration ahead of you. One of my faves is the Oscar, great grain. Hope to see some "after" pics.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Knocked the ball out of the park with that score! Love the Italian house pipe!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Holy Mol!y thats a great haul... what a great find on those with some awesome prices and definitely a big congrats on that Italian House pipe, she's a beaut!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Haven't been to Gatlinburg in years. Went there originally with my parents and younger sister, and years after with my late wife. The pipe shop and its house pipes would be a reason to go back, if I were out that way. That's a great briar, and presumably, as a house pipe, not a budget buster. Love the retro fit on your Oscar Lucite.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I love the house pipe. Wife is gonna wrap it up for Christmas, or my birthday. The Oscar is going to be the first one I take on the repair, while the other pipe stems sit in a bath. The top left pipe is the other house pipe I scored for 8 bones, the antique store had one more but the stem was glued to the shank. I didn't want to bother with trying to fix that since they looked the same. Anyways, the second house pipe will be my next target followed by the Dunhill (never thought I'd own one). Still debating on wether I'll top it or not. The damage isn't bad, and could just be darken some with a bit of stain if I can match it. Well off to the garage.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Well was able to get the tenon shaved down by hand and sandpaper to fit. However the shank is slightly larger, so I'll head back out tomorrow to try and shape it down to match. I went ahead with running it through the buffs to get a better look at the pipe with some carnauba on it. I gotta say I like it.

efc037e3bbfd31ab825761c6201866a2_zpshdzojrj8.jpg

e0f4d26075ba8ca97fdff526e83c14d9_zpsv8ywisf5.jpg

Well night folks time to get some sleep, going out on the lake tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.