Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
My teeth are clean but unfortunately I have to have my wisdom teeth out. Oh well just means I get to eat ice cream. Storient I will post pics in a bit of the pipe I won.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
A word from experience, Get them all taken out at the same time.............. :wink:

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
They told me that they take them all out regardless of if there is a problem with all of them.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
No big deal I had all four of mine out at the same time. Do it now instead of waiting. Follow the advice for caring for your mouth after the procedure. Dry sockets are bad news. I was fine and back to carousing in a few days.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
DO NOT use a straw or smoke anything until its healed...sucking a straw etc will give you a dry socket....

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
DO NOT use a straw or smoke anything until its healed...sucking a straw etc will give you a dry socket....
I can testify that you definitely do not want that! I've got an entire upper due to having problems due to a bicycle wreck with I was 12 and abscesses set in and I eventually had to get all four front removed. Later, all of them were pulled by 32 or so. I only have the bottoms left and not a lot of them. Makes clinching a bit of a problem.

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
I had all 4 of mine removed at once. Woke up half-way through the procedure choking on my on drool (poor suction, I guess). I wish you the best of luck!

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I had a friend that had a dry socket and he was in a HUGE amount of pain.I had all four removed at the same time but I was out for it.It isn't bad as long as you do what they tell you.My friend on the other hand looked like he got hit with a baseball bat I really felt bad for him.He resumed smoking cigs the day after removal.Big mistake.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Dry Socket: alveolitis: inflammation in the socket of a tooth; sometimes occurs after a tooth is extracted and a blood clot fails to form.
It's nasty when the cavity where your tooth used to be gets infected. Happens when you suck on things since it can open up the wounds and smoking is highly discouraged. I've been lucky ;-)

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I had mine removed as a teenager. Never had any pain. The oral surgeon put me completely under - I never knew he had pulled them until I woke up. If they offer to put you under anesthetic, I'd do it. It was worth the extra cost.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That is the only way I will have it done. If I'm gonna have surgery it is going to be fun. :lol:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I didn't even need the painkillers afterwards when I had all 4 removed. It's no big deal, just don't wait too long, I did and as a result I lost a third of my back molar due to an infection from being in contact with the wisdom tooth. It is essentially a stump right now.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Never been to the dentist?
Yes I was. In 1997 I was having terrible pain in many teeth. Turned out it was sensitivity. Started using Sensodyne on Dentist's recomendation and went away in days. I now use only Pro-namel. I have Dentist appt. tomorrow for pre-biopsy exam. Kinda nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.