PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
Lately, I've had a craving for a nice mild cigar. So.....I went to the tobacco shop and got a value pack of my favorite Phillies Titan cigars. Ten 6.5 in, 44 gauge cigars for $12. I took two days off from pipes and smoked my stogies exclusively, probably 6 total. Upon returning to my pipes a few days later, I found that my pipe tobaccos tasted more complex and lively than earlier, and that the taste of my everyday smoke, Captain Black Royal, was much sweeter. I think that smoking mild cigars for those two days acted as a palate cleanser for my pipes. Has anyone else had this experience?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I used to smoke cigars relatively often. I still have a couple hundred aging. I hadn't touched one for a decade. I began the pipe fairly recently, in the last year. A couple weeks ago I found myself craving a partagas series d no4... Out of nowhere. I'm pretty certain it was just the time span, but it certainly tasted different. Time certainly alters ones tastes buds.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I love both cigars and pipes so I solved the problem with deciding which to smoke and bought some C&D's Billy Budd, a cigar blend for the pipe. I'm a Happy Camper now.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I started on cigars and have been giving the pipe tobacco a LOT more attention in the last 3 years. I had two cigars over the weekend and I still enjoy them from time to time. When I have at least 60 min to kill and comfortable surroundings I usually go for the pipe. If I am out and about I usually which choose a cigar.

Jul 21, 2015
I go back and forth alot, and I found that the pipe has really improved my ability to taste and understand aromas and flavors. made the cigar that much more enjoyable.
The best part about this, is while your still enjoying smoking a pipe - time is ticking away aging those fine rolled sticks into sweet perfection.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
I go back and forth a lot myself. Still love a good cigar. Been smoking cigars more than my pipes recently. The new La Mission La du L'Atelier is fantastic. Also been enjoying a lot from the Tatuaje line.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I smoke my pipe every day after dinner. Cigars about twice a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.