PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
For me there is a constant changing of the tide. I started off smoking pipes about a year ago, and occasionaly smoked cigars. I got a part time job at a local B&M mainly for the fun of it, but the massive discount has become wonderful.
After about a year I am constantly favoring either pipes or cigars in month long intervals. I love them both so much I can't seem to figure out which I prefer.
The worst part about it is that I am doomed to collect the myriad of devices and evils for both sports. Since the beginning of my epic demise I have aquired 3 humidors, a pipe cabinet, 50 pipes, a multitide of various lighters, cutters, punches, pipe tools, and mounds of tobacco product of all kinds.
The descent has been an awfully wonderful ride, but I am left wondering if I will ever settle on a single vice. Sadly my gun collection has not seen a new member in over 3 long months.
What am I to do my friends?

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Devine intervention? :rofl:
Or in the wise words from Scott of Aristocob.com, "There is no known cure for PAD or TAD, tread carefuly my friend."

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Wow! 50 pipes in a year! Best year I ever had was 16 pipes, lol, and it took me 30 years to acquire 77. My hat is off to you. I think we need to start a support group...

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Keep doing exactly what you are doing. Only, reach for a pipe instead of a cigar more often. Eventually, the question will be settled.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Keep buying pipe tobacco and cigars while you get that discount. Might as well pick up new pipes as well due to that discount. Pipe smoking is a whole new level of bliss. While cigars are great and I smoke them a lot, nothing beats the satisfaction from a good pipe full of tobacco. Definitely stock up on pipe tobacco. Years down the road you will have nicely aged tobacco and be thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.