PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Well I'm back after a "self-imposed" limiting of time at the keyboard. I took what little summer we had here in Pittsburgh only checking Email and spending my time in the sun. Now it's time to close the pool and back to the man cave and computers. Having spent most of my days since the 80's on the computer, both for entertainment and business, the first couple weeks were like detoxing off heroin.
Nothing like sitting by the pool for a couple months puffing away on BBF, FVF, SJF, Escudo and Haddo's Delight. The weather is now changing and the cold is brutal on my bones. So with the new season of DOTA2 tournaments starting it's back to the cyber world. I've decided to only spend time on a few sites/forums and this has always been one of my favorites. The quality of people, conversation and information is unmatched in the pipe world, and I love to talk about pipe tobacco.
Time to browse through the old posts and see what's been going on. I defiantly need a couple new pipes :puffy:
Craig

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome back Craig! Yes was a mild summer here in Ohio also. Not looking forward to a bitter cold winter which is what everyone says is on the way.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I always told my kids - While growing up in central PA, we had 4 seasons:

Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.
Enjoy your fleeting moments of 'construction'. Winter is coming.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Tailboss - After a few nice weeks of 80's it's now heading below 70 and low 40's at night. jmill you're so right. It may be getting warmer other places but for the last 20 years we have about a month of summer. Growing up here we used to have regular seasons, now you're lucky to get a dozen nice days. I can't wait to move back to Maui, but smoking a pipe can be costly. The most brutal smoking laws in the country, probably the world. $250 first offense, $500 the second on. Since the crime rate is so low, the police hand out speeding and smoking tickets.
Craig

Dec 24, 2012
Dragon, very envious if you move to Hawaii. Pretty much the perfect climate. I imagine if you ship your stash over you can mitigate the high tobacco prices.
The big issues I would have with Maui is the delicious Loco Moco would interfere with the low carb diet I am on. Man that stuff is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.