PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Agreed Bradley. I was hesitant at first on the price, but them saw it was machined aluminum. Price is acceptable once you see that.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I use the Icetool containers discussed in this thread:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/a-modern-baccy-flap
They are cheaper and keep moist snus moist for at least a week. I am not sure if they are still available in the US.

Dec 24, 2012
I like it, but wish you could get it without the massive logo. I will be holding off with the hope that some plain ones will be available somewhere.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I have to agree Peck, I would love to see a more restrained look. The originals had the advantage of the cumberland like finish to reduce the impact of the logo, with the stark look of the aluminum it almost comes off looking like tactical gear. While that might work for some people I don't really like the style. They could also do the logo in a color very close to black so you could still see it but it would be more subtle.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Very cool but at $89.00 I think I'll pass.
+1 ... only a little more ergonomic than one of the smaller tins (F&T, older Mac Baren) and only holds tobacco.
At that price, there needs to be a built in match holder and pipe tool! :)
For a comparison, look at mountain bike parts. A fully CNC'd headset complete with aerospace grade bearings

and contacts will run you about the same price:
61lnnxCepNL._SL1000_.jpg

I do actually like the logo, just for the Native American folklore of it:
Native American legend has it that Rabbit was a great hunter and a bit of a trickster, but most of all Rabbit was confident in his abilities. So confident in fact, that even as the Lynx circles the fern, planning his attack, Rabbit is free to enjoy his pipe, secure in his abilities to avoid this mortal enemy.
xmrlogo_01.gif.pagespeed.ic.HVEZkaYXOi.jpg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Those are very nice and I think the logo is kinda cool. I am curious if they will be difficult to open due to the smooth finish on them not offering much grip? :puffy:

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
This is a nice alternative for a more contemporary look, however I like my Bakelite models for their traditional look and the way they compliment a briar pipe. I don't think I paid over $35 each for 5 I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.